Help for integrate multiples drivers to a Windows 7 source

Hi everyone. I need help for integrate multiple drivers to my windows 7. I install it in very differents kind of hardware (Intel, AMD, Netbook, Etc) and i try with DISM, DPinst and PNPUtil and doesnt work at all!

This tools install the driver in the system a causes problem with all hardware. I need to put several display drivers (for example) and windows select the best to work.

I Hope you understand my english :S

Regards!

The drivers are probably failing to install because files may be missing...the best way to back up drivers is to install them like you would normally do, then go to %WinDir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, sort the folders by date and you will see your drivers at the top, back them up and use these to integrate

Cluberti makes an excellent recommendation. For the kind of scenario you are describing, you will really want to consider the use of deployment and imaging tools. MDT, or the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, is free and can handle all your deployments including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2008 and Windows 2008R2. Using MDT, you can easily add both applications and drivers, create task sequences, join a domain, add a KMS or MAK product key, create an administrator account, specify time zone, etc. You can also import all user data into the new environment using the User State Migration Tool (also free). To become familiar with the process of using MDT, you might want to check out these videos from the Springboard Series page on TechNet:

Deployment Day Session 1: Introduction to MDT 2012

Deployment Day Session 2: MDT 2012 Advanced

You can even tie MDT into Windows Deployment Services if you wish to help streamline the deployment process.

In addition to MDT, you might also want to look into Sysprep and capture utilities like ImageX. Some videos, also from the Springboard Series on Technet, to help get you started are:

Alphabet Soup Deployment: Understanding MDT, WDS, MAP, ACT, SCCM, and USMT

Deploy Windows 7 The Easy Way: Using WDS, MDT and AIK – Step-By-Step

Preparing an Image using Sysprep and ImageX

Hope this helps!

Jessica

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Edited by winoutreach5

• 1 month later...

You can also mount the install.wim image, then copy a folder -e.g. SPDrivers - which contains all the drivers you want to add to let's say \Windows\inf folder.

Then edit HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath registry key offline and add the paths of the %systemroot%\inf\SPDrivers subfolders - only those which contain driver inf files - to the key's list.

You can delete this folder and revert HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath to its default value %systemroot%\inf after Windows setup completes - in setupcomplete.cmd file.

This method will ensure that redundant driver files are deleted after installation completes.