How can add the Well known SID ?

Windows XP is extended Wellknown SID

S-1-5-19 NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE

S-1-5-20 NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

how can add these SID on Windows 2000 ?

I try to add registory

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\Policy\Accounts\S-1-5-19

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\Policy\Accounts\S-1-5-20

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-19

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-20

But no effect.

Are there any ideas ?

I try to add to registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\Policy\Accounts\S-1-5-19

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\Policy\Accounts\S-1-5-20

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-19

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-20

But no effect.

Did you try it from outside Win 2k... say, by booting a Win PE CD, then importing the relevant hive, adding the users to it, and saving it back?

They are hidden by default. If you're working with XP on NTFS, you'll need to take ownership of everything from Documents and Settings downwards... Your life would be much easier if you were working with XP on FAT-32...

Of course I set "system super hidden folder shown" folder option.

There are not these folders physically :unsure:

They are hidden by default. If you're working with XP on NTFS, you'll need to take ownership of everything from Documents and Settings downwards... Your life would be much easier if you were working with XP on FAT-32...

The issue is that on XP+ there are folders with ntuser.dat registry hives dedicated to these hidden users - on 2000, that's not the case. 2000 doesn't have these users nor their corresponding ntuser.dat hives. As such, some form of registry redirection will need to take place to handle applications that try to write to the 'hidden' service hives. I have no idea how BWC will get this working on 2000. As far as I know, those users/hives aren't used by anything but Windows core services - adding the users themselves to the registry is only one part of the equation.