10min boot with clean install

Yeah, been searching day and night online for solutions, trying IDE was my next step. Righ now i downloaded EaseUS partition master and I'm trying a swipe/initialize/format on it. Been running for about an hour and I've got 1% of the swiping data done so far....

I'm going to leave home for the day and see where it's at tonight.

Just started having issues with the time it takes to boot my brand new Asus ux32vd. Problem seems to be related to the SanDisk SSD i100 32gb that's soldered to the motherboard. Tried clean command in prompt, tried initializing in disk management, but only says it can't find the volume. Ran SanDisk diagnostic tool and it says it's fine. Can't use it and causes a boot delay of 400 seconds though.

I've looked for driver updates in device manager, but says it's up to date. Running bios in ahci mode and the computer can find the drive. (removed it from boot order though)

Anyone else had this issue?

Aborted swipe and tried IDE, made the computer bluescreen immediately that the win logo showed up and go back to recommending startup repair.

Trying the swipe again as I'm out of ideas, keeping to 1% an hour though so will take a few days to get through and not so sure it'll help.

Might be a case of sending it back... although I'm still fairly sure it's not a hardware issue.

The device you are speaking about is an M-SATA drive. As you posted in another thread, your notebook is this:

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Superior_Mobility/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX32VD/

That drive is supposed to have 2 partitions on it, one for RapidStart (partition size match the size of memory) as well as another partition for caching. I have only used mSATA drives that connect via the removable mSATA card, not one that is not-removable.

I was under the impression that ACHI had the raid function, read a guide on installing windows on the 32gb and it says set to ACHI.

Well it may be confusing to me that you bought an Ultrabook which already had its 7 second boot/resume time certified, but then (pretty much) disabled all the Ultrabook features. Now you have a normal notebook (but with an mSATA drive in addition) and are suffering slow boot/resume times. So I guess do you want to restore the Ultrabook config or to just have a normal notebook? :unsure:

You might need to use Diskpart to make sure that there are no partitions left. There should have been 2 partitions on that disk, one for RapidStart and one for caching. The RapidStart partition may not be visible to you, and will have an ID of 84.

Used clean command several times, waiting for partition master to finish its swipe, considering the time it's taking I'm assuming it's doing a "clean all" I know that's not good for a ssd, but since the only other option I have right now is sending it back...