10min boot with clean install

New here so first of Hi.

Just bought myself an ASUS UX32VD and it was running fine for about a week, installed AVG and some other programs (VLC, utorrent etc) computer still running fine. Then I decided to try Civilization V on it and had some issues installing it, finally got it working, at the same time windows updater and ASUS updater is running in background (extremely slow internet here) the next boot after this takes about ten minutes and the computer keeps freezing on easy tasks, VLC or Mozilla constantly.

What I've tried so far.

-Looking for driver updates, nothing found.

-Do a system restore to before the CIV 5 install, no change in performance

-Did a clean install of win7 with all of ASUS updates, still 10min boot

-replaced ram with a new 8gb one, still 10min boot

-replaced HDD with a 120gb SSD and made a new install of win7, still 10min boot.

-updated all the drivers from ASUS again, still 10min boot.

tried memory diagnostic tool, says no errors, tried running the windows experience index, but it fails to complete.

ran event viewer as some forum suggested... lots of errors, but how to fix???

about ready to tear my hair out or blow the laptop to pieces.

What else could possibly cause this boot time? post-367674-0-10250900-1354673502_thumb.

edit: the UX32VD comes with a second SSD of 32gb, tried to initialize this in disk management, but only get the message "The drive cannot find the sector requested" it's not in the boot priority at all, I removed it to see if that helped, but no change, still wondering if this error can be connected somehow.

Edited by Deepshit

Been trying to install Windows Performance Tools Kit for hours, get a fail to install every time, tried to do it exactly the same way on my old laptop and worked with no issues.

I finally got the tool kit installed, followed the instructions for the command prompt and the computer rebooted... went to blue screen crash instead now, tried startup repair, but it just gets stuck at "checking for problems" let it run for about 2hrs and nothing happened, tried booting normal several times since, but still just get the blue screen. Do another clean install of win 7 and try again with the boot trace?

ok, I got it running in safe mode and managed to pull the files in /temp of it (60mb and 250mb) but when I tried to create a summary file it just says i got the wrong path, the file is called "boot_BASE+CSWITCH+DRIVERS+POWER_1_km_premerge" exactly how should the command line look like then? or should i send the files as they are? not sure if they are correct since the computer crashed during boot.

As a note here I'm currently working in East Timor and internet is extremely slow, two hours to upload this... http://www.filedropper.com/bootbasecswitchdriverspower1kmpremerge

That is the first logfile I got, as I said not sure if it's corrupt or not. I'll get on with uploading the smaller one now.

Also decided to do yet another diskpart/clean and fresh win7 install to get rid of the blue screen error. Should I attempt another logfile?

Edited by Deepshit

ok, starting your both SSDs takes extremely long:

- <phase name="bootStart" startTime="38" endTime="398449" duration="398411">
<pnpObject name="IDE\DiskSanDisk_SSD_i100_32GB___________________11.50.00\5+2ed543ff+0+1.0.0" type="Device" activity="Start" startTime="2841" endTime="283250" duration="280409" prePendTime="280409" description="Disk drive" friendlyName="SanDisk SSD i100 32GB ATA Device" />
<pnpObject name="IDE\DiskSanDisk_SSD_i100_32GB___________________11.50.00\5+2ed543ff+0+1.0.0" type="Device" activity="Enum" startTime="283250" endTime="323310" duration="40060" prePendTime="40060" description="Disk drive" friendlyName="SanDisk SSD i100 32GB ATA Device" />

the first one takes 283s and the second one 40s! This causes the long PreSMSS time of nearly 400s!!!!!!:

<interval name="PreSMSS" startTime="0" endTime="398863" duration="398863">

next, the session init takes also over 160s:

<interval name="SMSSInit" startTime="398863" endTime="559569" duration="160706">

and this is caused by a long registry init time:

post-70718-0-46240200-1354949164_thumb.p

fix the SSD issue by installing the latest AHCI drivers and test again.

Device manager says the drivers are up to date, been looking at Intels Web page too but couldn't find anything useful. Strange about the registry, all clean install so a regfixer probably wouldn't solve anything.

Still suspecting that 32gb SSD as a cause, can't initialize or anything else. Tried this command from different forum to make it ready to use, but as you can see no luck.

post-367674-0-22160200-1354956478_thumb.

I will kep looking for a way to initialize that SSD, but feels like I've tried everything I could find. Really stuck on this, can usually solve issues or worst case a clean install fixes it, this is a new one for me.

Just realized that both of the SSDs you mention is the 32gb one... not sure if that could be related to the registry error as well... Not a computer guy really, but got a gut feeling the culprit is that 32gb... tried diasbling it in disk management but made no difference on boot time