Windows Authentication

FlierMate

I am nobody when comes to server.

To access shared folders and files on another computer within the company domain, what credentials must I use when am prompted to do so? Is it the username and password of the owner of the computer being accessed, or my username and password on this computer, or any username of password that can be used to log in to server will do?

Edited by FlierMate

It really depends on the amount of domain users and computers there are. What I would do is create a Security Group for that folder. Then add domain users into that group that you want to have (whatever kind of) access to that share. Then on the server itself, add that Security Group to the security tab and set the appropriate permissions.

By using a Security Group, you can have multiple users have the same access. Then you can easily add and remove users from it.

Edited by Tripredacus
doh

It really depends on the amount of domain users and computers there are. What I would do is create an OU (Organizational Unit) for that folder. Then add domain users into that OU that you want to have (whatever kind of) access to that share. Then on the server itself, add that OU to the security tab and set the appropriate permissions.

By using an OU, you can have multiple users have the same access. Then you can easily add and remove users from that OU.

I have read and will keep your answer for future reference.

Thank you for your diligence!