Last Working Flash Player Version for IE 6 - Windows 2000

Monroe

I have been digging around looking for the last version that should work with IE 6 and Windows 2000. At the Adobe site I found Flash Player v10.1.102.64 (IE) ... * Windows 2000 as the last version listed and was able to find a download at another site. I also mostly use K-Meleon browsers (v1.5.4 and v1.6.0) and have some higher plugin versions in those browsers.

Would like to know if newer Flash Player versions are able to work properly with IE 6 ... I don't use IE 6 but keep it on the machine.

Thanks ...

I have been digging around looking for the last version that should work with IE 6 and Windows 2000. At the Adobe site I found Flash Player v10.1.102.64 (IE) ... * Windows 2000 as the last version listed and was able to find a download at another site. I also mostly use K-Meleon browsers (v1.5.4 and v1.6.0) and have some higher plugin versions in those browsers.

Would like to know if newer Flash Player versions are able to work properly with IE 6 ... I don't use IE 6 but keep it on the machine.

Thanks ...

Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64 is the last officially supported version of the player under Windows 2000. Unofficially, Flash Player 11.1.102.55 is the last version of the Flash Player shown to work on Windows 2000 and Windows XP RTM.

Starting with Flash Player 11.1.102.62, the installer and the executable will use the SetDllDirectoryW entry point dependency that only exists in Windows XP SP1 (absolute lowest) and later. Additionally, the Flash Player applet in the Control Panel may not work correctly due to code that may only exist on Windows XP SP2 and up.

With UURollup or KernelEx for Windows 2000, you can have the current version of Adobe Flash installed. :)

ppgrainbow ... thanks for the information about the UURollup having the latest working Flash version. I completely forgot about that being included in the UURollup versions. I had UURollup v10c installed with Flash v10.2.152.32 and then late yesterday I discovered that a newer UURollup v10d had been released in November. After installing v10d ... the Flash version is now v11.5.502.0.

There are several Flash test pages around but a nice one that test several things at once is here:

http://www.explorelearning.com/index.cfm?method=cCorp.dspTest

thanks again ...

ppgrainbow ... thanks for the information about the UURollup having the latest working Flash version. I completely forgot about that being included in the UURollup versions. I had UURollup v10c installed with Flash v10.2.152.32 and then late yesterday I discovered that a newer UURollup v10d had been released in November. After installing v10d ... the Flash version is now v11.5.502.0.

There are several Flash test pages around but a nice one that test several things at once is here:

http://www.explorelearning.com/index.cfm?method=cCorp.dspTest

thanks again ...

You're welcome. I'm really glad to help you out. :)

Thanks ...

I strongly recommend that you use version 10.3.

v 11.x even have many bug on Windows XP and 7.

The flash players from v 11.2 to v11.4 have so many security holes that it is too dangerous.

You can download v10.3 flash player for Windows 2000 installer from my blog. :)

Lastest v10.3 is fixed many security holes. :thumbup

Edited by blackwingcat

Thanks ...

I strongly recommend that you use version 10.3.

v 11.x even have many bug on Windows XP and 7.

The flash players from v 11.2 to v11.4 have so many security holes that it is too dangerous.

You can download v10.3 flash player for Windows 2000 installer from my blog. :)

Lastest v10.3 is fixed many security holes. :thumbup

I already have Flash Player 11.5 with UURollup v10d or KernelEx and so far, there aren't any issues with it at all. :)

Thanks blackwingcat for the additional information with the flash versions ... I will download the 10.3 version at your blog. I will have it handy, I don't use this computer (Dell Pentium 3) everyday so I will let things as they are with v10d. I'm on XP Pro these days but still like firing up Windows 2000 every so often ... but your information is good for someone still using Windows 2000 as their main computer OS, a heads up for them to check things out more.

I have an additional question sort of related ... what version of Shockwave would you ... ppgrainbow ... or anyone recommend for Windows 2000? I have the last version that was posted to work with Windows 2000 but I don't have the version number handy at present. Do you even have Shockwave on your machine? I do not have it installed at present.

thanks

Edited by duffy98

Thanks blackwingcat for the additional information with the flash versions ... I will download the 10.3 version at your blog. I will have it handy, I don't use this computer (Dell Pentium 3) everyday so I will let things as they are with v10d. I'm on XP Pro these days but still like firing up Windows 2000 every so often ... but your information is good for someone still using Windows 2000 as their main computer OS, a heads up for them to check things out more.

Just to make things clear - you don't need to use the blackwingcat's version of the Flash installer if you've got UURollup or his kernel installed. It's only when you don't use any unofficial kernel that you should use this installer. You can use "normal" official Flash installers on your system (since you're using UURollup-v10(x)).

I have an additional question sort of related ... what version of Shockwave would you ... ppgrainbow ... or anyone recommend for Windows 2000? I have the last version that was posted to work with Windows 2000 but I don't have the version number handy at present. Do you even have Shockwave on your machine? I do not have it installed at present.

I've installed the newest version of Shockwave but I can't really remember when was the last time it was actually required anywhere.