integrating Startup monitor as a driver?

KapnJackSparrow

Integrating Start-up monitor as a driver? I am trying to integrate mike lin's start up monitor into the control panel by installing it as a driver but nlite doesn't seem to like it, any idea on how I could do this?

I would also like to have it install the resident monitor as well but one thing at a time.

STARTUP.INF

Edited by KapnJackSparrow

my installation is having problems at the moment and doesn't seem to be doing what it should be as referenced in and it is not installing the mlin start up monitor into the control panel. do I need a run once for this? do I need to include the inf I posted earlier as well as the cpl? (tried both neither seems to work)

After reading up on the $OEM$ folders maybe this will solve my problem with my batch file not being able to find the folders it needs during installation as referenced by this post

or eliminate the need the batch-file entirely. the purpose of the batch-file was to copy things such as the windows folder, documents and settings containing desktop.ini files and set the read only bit on the folders by copying a folder that has been set up over top of the existing one. while this works perfectly post install I haven't been able to get it to work during the installation. would simply putting the folders needed into $OEM$\$1 solve this problem? will files placed in that folder overwrite ones that are already on the disk?

or do I need to set up a run once to do this?

Edited by KapnJackSparrow