Keyboard issues with UURollup

ppgrainbow

I don't know if the latest version of UURollup is causing problems with the keyboard, but I checked the event log and found a Event 9 error. The error that I'm getting is this:

Event ID 9
Source: kbdclass
Description: Could not enable interrupts on connected port device \Device\KeyboardClass0.

As such, I can't use some of the software that rely on kbdclass (found in \SYSTEM32\drivers\kbdclass.sys; datestamp 2003-11-19 11:22:24) such as MAME/MESS (keyboard does not function correctly when typing OK for example) for example, except that it works in VMware or VirtualPC for example. This is on a USB connected keyboard that appears to be working fine. I used to have a PS/2 keyboard, but for some reason, it constantly stopped working.

I extracted the Windows2000-UURollup-v11-w121104-x86-ENU.exe file and it doesn't even mention kbdclass or other files related to the keyboard.

I'm sorry if I'm failing to provide enough information, but is there a way to fix this?

Edited by ppgrainbow

I'm kind of clueless about this issue. Could you give me exact instructions how to reproduce the error? Does the program work correctly after removing UURollup?

I'm sorry that I didn't get to this post, because I was tired and got only five hours of sleep. Here are the exact instructions below:

1. Download the latest release of MAME from http://mamedev.org; select either mame0???b.exe or mame0???b_i686.

2. Download the non-commercial public domain ROMs provided only by MAME. I must stress to the fullest extent that I am NOT allowed to provide links to ROMs and/or other copyrighted material as it is against MSFN's terms of service.

3. Extract the MAME contents to the \MAME directory.

4. Place the zip file containing the name of the ROM to the \MAME\ROMS directory.

5. Execute mamepp.exe found in the \MAME directory and select one of the games with the mouse button.

6. You will then receive the warning:

Usage of emulators in conjunction with ROMs you don't own is forbidden by copyright law.

IF YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY ENTITLED TO PLAY "(game name)" ON THIS EMULATOR, PRESS ESC.

Otherwise, type OK or move the joystick left then right to continue.

The end result is that for some reason, clicking on ESC or OK doesn't work in either MAME or MESS. I'm wondering if this has got to do with UURollup or not and that I don't get a Event 9 in the Event log.

Note, the instructions that I provided are for testing purposes only. I did test MAME under Win2k without the UURollup and it worked okay. For some reason, this issue either has to do with my USB keyboard or UURollup itself. :}

Edited by ppgrainbow

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but I'll probably be able to investigate into this issue not earlier than sometime next week. I hope you can forgive me :angel I've just been very busy recently :(

Thank you for telling me. I really appreciate it! If you have found something that causes the keyboard to not function at all when using MAME or MESS emulator with UURollup, let me know.