How to backup Outlook Express

wzperson

I changed most of my hardwares last night. So the god damned freaky Winxp block me from the log-in screen. Then I ghost the drive which orginally contained the winxp for backup. Since I have many important mails in my outlook express and many many contacts in there, I have to recover them from the old "ghost file" into the new winxp.

Anyone here can tell me how I can do now?

Please, it is very urgent!!!!!

look here

C:Documents and Settingsyour nameLocal SettingsApplication DataIdentitiesStringMicrosoftOutlook Express

the files in that folder are all you outlook settings and mail...

well to my knowledge, Norton ghost comes with a "Ghost file explorer"

You can use that to find the files that Outlook uses (with extension .dbx) from your C:Documents and Settings<username>Local SettingsApplication DataIdentities<string>MicrosoftOutlook Express

then extract them, or get them out somehow, and copy them to the new windows installation..

worth a try :)

If I only copy the *.dbx files into my new system, the outlook can only restore the folders themsleves. Still, I have no way to get back the messege rules and mail accounts. [/quote:74e20e895c]

well those are probably stored in the registry..

but shouldn't be too hard to find the server info and add them back yourself..

The messages are usually the hard part :)

Next time, export your account settings, and save them somewhere :rolleyes: That way you will always have them for the future...

Any other solution at this point?????

It is really important for me to get back the mail accounts. And the contacts address book is also valuable for me.

Please I just heard about one solution before, just cannot bring it back to my memory now.

Help!!!!!!

Thanks, Blackwar!

im sorry to say, i dont know how to get those entries through the registry..

I mean there is an export feature in Outlook express which you can use for the Address Book + the account settings..

If you didn't get those, i don't think there is much we really can do :wail: