HP dc7700 formfactor

mirfanmian

As a matter of fact also installing the grub4dos grldr.mbr to the MBR (and following few "hidden sectors") is already out of these standards, and this is the reason why (besides the mentioned incompatibilities with some BIOS/Motherboards of the grub4dos MBR code) - normally - I don't suggest the installing of grldr.mbr, but rather using a "common" MBR code that simply loads the Active Primary partition.

jaclaz

Do you mean using the mbr Fbinst installs and then use the boot code to boot a partition that has g4d installed to?

Do you mean using the mbr Fbinst installs and then use the boot code to boot a partition that has g4d installed to?

No, an actual fbinst install is MUCH more complex than that, and it's behaviour/goals/whatever are actually documented/described:

I was talking of a "plain" MBR code such as the 2K/XP/2003 or the Vista :ph34r:/7/2008 one (or even the good ol' DOS one) or something like partita or MBLDR (the latter is very, very good in my experience):

My "base" assumption about the minimim number of neurons a BIOS programmer must have are explained in more details in the (already given) link:

http://reboot.pro/index.php?showtopic=10503

(that you are kindly requested to read)

jaclaz