Back-up Server

hanikhurana

Hello Everyone,

I am new here.

My name is Hani,

I have an server machine which runs Windows Server 2008 R2 and i want to know how do i create an back-up server?

that if my existing server machine goes offline and then the back-up server comes online to keep the services alive.

please if someone can explain how to do this step by step it will be a great help.

thanks in advance.

wbr,

Hani Khurana

What roles are running on this server?

Actually it is an assigment so. i am not sure which roles are exactly running but i can write here what the server does.

It is an Deployment server when you start the deployment process it will automacticly install clean Windows 7 image and after installation it also installs microsoft office 2010 & microsoft security essentials with the latest updates.

waiting for reply.

wbr,

hanikhurana

Edited by hanikhurana

Actually it is an assigment so. i am not sure which roles are exactly running but i can write here what the server does.

Unfortunately, we won't really be of much help in this.

2.c Requesting help with academic material, such as assignments, is not permitted on MSFN. Receiving such help is often viewed as plagiarism in many schools, and therefore cannot be allowed. This is for your own protection in your academic career.

To be fair, the term for the concept you are inquiring about is "high-availability" :whistle: