Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 (Retired!)

steven4554

Hello,

greetings from Poland.

Just installed OS with addon integrated, and figured that it' in english.. I am enriching polish localized ISO and would appreaciate any help integrating polish language for that addon.

Any help please?

ps. tough WU detect and downloads polish language pack for IE10 I'd care to have that slipstreamed before.

edit: just found localization packs on: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36804

adding now to my ISO, will let you know if works

edit2: language integrated with Win7 toolkit, works as charm :)

Edited by malcolmx

• 6 months later...

• 1 month later...

Help, This silent installer is very silent but it wont install. I'm not sure how to proceed to solve this issue.

I'm using WinToolkit, the arguement for the silent install is: /quiet /norestart /update-no and i'm loading the prerequsites mentioned by Steven at the top of page 1 (Incidentally the list varies somewhat from Microsoft's list of 11/18/13 at link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2847882 ).

Eyeballing the progress, IE 11 seems to be installing properly but when the installation concludes I find IE 8 as the browser and the following troubleshooting link on the desktop: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2872074

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gideon.

Edited by GideonK

MS's lists of required updates is out of date, as some updates have been superseded by new updates, which is why my list is different to MS's.

As for WinToolkit, I would recommend you integrate the prerequisites updates first from my list, then integrate one of the IE11 cabinet files which are in the first post.

Greetings Steven. I was trying to remove my last post because a. I solved the my problem and b. No one was responding but alas I never found out how delete one's own post. too late now since you have responded.

I solved the issue by not using the IE11 .exe file but instead downloaded and used the Cabinet file mentioned on page 1.

Why didn't I have this problem prevoiously? Previously for IE10 the 'Optional Updates' group did have the cabinet file included (10/09/13 for instance). Unbeknownst to me and for reasons that mystifies me the current offering for IE11 dropped the cab file and replaced it with the executable file. I havn't done this in a few months and I forgot what works and what doesn't.

At any rate, other than this minor glitch, the updates worked as flawlessly as in the past and as always I'm appriciative of your effort.

Best regards, Gideon.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I try but still WU show these two updates about IE11: KB2929437 and KB2976627

my dism code:

%dism%\dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:%workfold%\DVD1\sources\install.wim /index:4 /MountDir:%workfold%\WIM%dism%\dism /Image:%workfold%\WIM /Add-Package /PackagePath:%workfold%\TOOLS1\IE111%dism%\dism /Image:%workfold%\WIM /Add-Package /PackagePath:%workfold%\TOOLS1%dism%\dism /Image:%workfold%\WIM /Add-Package /PackagePath:%workfold%\TOOLS1\IE11

here is updates:

gXvYg7d.jpg

EbcPAVL.jpg

Could you help with that?

Edited by ZEUS__

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello steven4554 & thanks again for maintaining this list, it is very much appreciated! Did you or didn't you formerly provide direct d/l links for IE 11 .CAB files (for integration) on the first post of this thread, or am I going a little :crazy: ?

Thanks & regards

"Pink"

Edited by PinkFreud

Hello steven4554 & thanks again for maintaining this list, it is very much appreciated! Did you or didn't you formerly provide direct d/l links for IE 11 .CAB files (for integration) on the first post of this thread, or am I going a little :crazy: ?

Thanks & regards

"Pink"

I second this question, got my last cab files directly from here. 

Did the magic ie fairies steal them?

Thanks & regards

"Pink"

I second this question, got my last cab files directly from here. 

Did the magic ie fairies steal them?

Never mind. :whistle:

Download Internet Explorer 11 Cabinet File (32-bit)

Download Internet Explorer 11 Cabinet File (64-bit)

Source: http://www.askvg.com/download-internet-explorer-ie-latest-version/

Thanks for the links but there's a slight problem.

The cab file i have is much much newer according to the digital signature inside, mine dates 20 of august 2014 while the ones up for download are 15 of october 2013 :<

Also my cab files has more weight to it 53.6 vs 51.1 mb.

Edited by Scatler

Thanks for the links but there's a slight problem.

The cab file i have is much much newer according to the digital signature inside, mine dates 20 of august 2014 while the ones up for download are 15 of october 2013 :<

Also my cab files has more weight to it 53.6 vs 51.1 mb.

Yup, you're right... same here only my .cab (not the one from the link above) is 55.7mb and sig is dated 11/07/2014 :huh:

EDIT: I may have made .cab from latest IE11 installer but I could've sworn I downloaded it from here. :huh:

post-300892-0-65593600-1424422427_thumb.

Edited by PinkFreud