Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 (Retired!)

steven4554

You first have extract the files from the original exe file using this code:-

IE10-Windows6.1-x64-en-us.exe /x:c:\ie10

Then look for this file called SETUPDOWNLOADLIST.TXT, it lists all the updates needed for IE10, plus direct download links (except for the KB updates that is!)

Thanks for the tip John about DISM, but I know how to use this useful tool to integrate the updates into my offline images or to install online. But I'm sure the weblinks will come in handy for someone who doesn't know much about DISM :)

Edited by steven4554

steven4554, OK got it, thanks. I have not tried it but I assume you can just place the IE10 cabinet file in the folder with your updates and let all inject in one step. Enjoy, John.

I don't know, I certainly hope so, there is nothing in the .mum files to indicate that you cannot integrate the updates and IE10, so it should work. I'll try integrating IE10 later tonight!

I really hope they restore the Stop button instead of retaining it, the Go, and the Refresh buttons as one...

Shortcut keys I know you can use in nearly any version of IE:-

Esc - Stop

F5 - Refresh

F4 - Address Bar

Enter - Go

That's all I know at the moment.

• 3 months later...

Anyone get this to work with MDT using the cabs? I am trying to deploy this like the other updates but it never installs it.

That's because IE10 needs 4 updates to be installed/integrated before IE10 can be installed/ntegrated, you will find those updates in my first post.

Edited by steven4554

Anyone get this to work with MDT using the cabs? I am trying to deploy this like the other updates but it never installs it.

That's because IE10 needs 4 updates to be installed/integrated before IE10 can be installed/ntegrated, you will find those updates in my first post.

Still does not work. Still shows IE 8 when I try to deploy with the cabs in MDT 2012. The 4 cab files do get installed, just not IE 10. If there was a way to get them to install in a certain order it might work.

Try the other 3 updates first then install the Platform Update, then i would download and install IE10 cab file (available in my first post) as for using MDT 2012, ask someone else, as i've never used MDT.

Try the other 3 updates first then install the Platform Update, then i would download and install IE10 cab file (available in my first post) as for using MDT 2012, ask someone else, as i've never used MDT.

What other 3 updates? I did it whats listed in the first post, I even tried what was required thats in the text file that gets extracted when you extract IE 10. I even tried just integrating it and not using MDT to push out the patches and I get an error of "windows could not configure one or more system components" and the install fails. I even used the integrity check switch to ensure there were no errors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...