Installing Lan Drivers

crowe80

Is there a way to install a Lan driver from the WinPe disc? I have the drivers on the disc for this one paticular model and I can see they are there but it's still not picking them up. The disc works on about 15 other devices that are different models but struggling with this new one. It's a new laptop we got in. So I was wondering if there was anyway when booted up to WinPe if you can force it to install the driver?

Does anyone have any other ideas, I've tried everything I know how to do. But I have a Toshiba Sattelite L840 model and my WinPe disk boots up but it's not getting a network address therefore I can't use the Net Use command. I've went to Toshiba's site and downloaded the NIC driver and mounted it to the WinPE disc and its still not working. I've tried the dvrload method by trying to install the drivers that way but no luck. I've checked the BIOS and I don't see anything there that would help. WE are on a DHCP network. It will say tha the drive is successfully installed when doing the DVRLoad command and I did the initializenetwork command with no luck. I loaded a Windows 7 disc and put the OS on there and installed the NIC driver (atheros driver) just to make sure it works and it did. So I'm not sure why I can't get the device to pick it up using WinPE. Any other suggestions? I have about 20+ different models I use this disc on and it works fine. It's just this one new device I have that is causing me fits. Thanks in Advance!

I'm using Winpe 3.0. I do have the drivers injected. I can go out to the path and find them under x;\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository.

crowe80, can you see the driver (.sys) file in the x:\windows\system32\drivers folder? If not you may have not injected the correct drivers. I don't know if WinPE has access to the Device Manager, but if so look at the NIC HW there for the Vendor/Device IDs. Then look in the .inf file you are injecting and see if these are in there. If you cannot find a Device Manager in WinPE then boot up Windows on the same machine and look for the IDs. Is the NIC enabled in the BIOS? I have successfully injected my NIC drivers as well as installed them with DRVLOAD. Enjoy, John.

The .sys files and all that was found. I am able to even do a dvrload command and it says it installed the driver successful but it's still not working. The LAN is enabled in BIOS. I don't see anything else that would affect the LAN in the BIOS that would be disabled. I'm at a loss.

The .sys files and all that was found. I am able to even do a dvrload command and it says it installed the driver successful but it's still not working. The LAN is enabled in BIOS. I don't see anything else that would affect the LAN in the BIOS that would be disabled. I'm at a loss.

HWPNP?

PENETWORK?

http://reboot.pro/7036/

jaclaz

crowe80, you did not say if the .sys file is in the x:\windows\system32\drivers folder or what you found out about the Vendor/Device IDs. I also use DriverView to see the drivers on WnPE. Enjoy, John.

The .sys files were there and the HW id's were in the .inf file. I also downloaded this tool called devman view which is kind of a tool that looks like Device Manager. When going into that it shows the correct LAN driver is installed and the hardware ID is correct. Very strange. I just can't get it to recognize an IP address. I have multiple different models here and they all work. But this one Toshiba is giving me fits. WE are just using it for a demo right now but if I can't figure out how to even image it, I don't believe we will be purchasing it.

This did not work either. I even did the dvrload and it said successful but it didn't help. I ran the wpeutil initializenetwork and it said successful but no luck.

When I do an Ipconfig /all this is all I get

Windows IP Configuration

Hostname......:minint-ntglq49

Primary DNS Suffix........:

Node Type..............:Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled.......................No

WINS Proxy Enabled...................:No

And that's all that shows up.