ASMedia SATA3 in Windows 2000?

tomasz86

I'm trying to use ASMedia SATA3 106x controller in Windows 2000.

With BlackWingCat's kernel it's possible to install the newest AMD SATA drivers without any modifications (there seem to be some issues with them though but it's a different topic). On the other hand, it doesn't seem to work for the ASMedia controller :(

post-310716-0-79035500-1352443239_thumb.

Does anyone (BlackWingCat?) know how to fix it or maybe has anyone else had any success with ASMedia SATA controllers in Win2k?

The drivers I've installed come from here (Asmedia ASM 106x SATA Controller Sata6G Driver).

Edited by tomasz86

Hi.

It seems cause from ScsiPortQuerySystemTime in scsiprt.sys

I'm trying to use ASMedia SATA3 106x controller in Windows 2000.

With BlackWingCat's kernel it's possible to install the newest AMD SATA drivers without any modifications (there seem to be some issues with them though but it's a different topic). On the other hand, it doesn't seem to work for the ASMedia controller :(

post-310716-0-79035500-1352443239_thumb.

Does anyone (BlackWingCat?) know how to fix it or maybe has anyone else had any success with ASMedia SATA controllers in Win2k?

The drivers I've installed come from here (Asmedia ASM 106x SATA Controller Sata6G Driver).

With help of BlackWingCat I've managed to get the driver working.

Just for testing purposes I did this benchmark. Samsung SSD 470 is a SATA2 disk so there shouldn't be any difference between SATA2 and SATA3 controllers and indeed there are no significant differences:

1. AMD SATA2 (A55):
    IyBpO.jpg
  2. ASMedia SATA3:
    XlAk5.jpg

Same thing for Samsung F3 500GB HDD:

1. AMD SATA2 (A55):
    mKEAH.jpg
  2. ASMedia SATA3:
    NSZvg.jpg

Edited by tomasz86

Hi.

It seems to be blocked by Drive speed.(bottleneck)

If you want to see the difference them, you must use RAID0 with SSD.

With help of BlackWingCat I've managed to get the driver working.

Just for testing purposes I did this benchmark. Samsung SSD 470 is a SATA2 disk so there shouldn't be any difference between SATA2 and SATA3 controllers and indeed there are no significant differences:

1. AMD SATA2 (A55):
    IyBpO.jpg
  2. ASMedia SATA3:
    XlAk5.jpg

Same thing for Samsung F3 500GB HDD:

Edited by blackwingcat

I don't think there are any other ASMedia SATA drivers, aren't there? You just need the new scsiport.sys modified by blackwingcat. I've included it in the latest daily versions of UURollup.

wow, you guys are doing so much work!

So from your list I need "898465 Scsiport.sys 5.0.2195.7071. SP5" whereas I'm running 5.0.2195.7059. I wish I had time to play with all this, with the failure of Windows 8 win2k remains MS' best OS ever. I still wish there was one file that any user can download and run to have all updates (perhaps with an uninstall option for only for modified KBs that have not been thoroughly tested.)

I noticed your note at the bottom re. Hotstream, if it has to do with vbs script to modify registry I'd be happy to help.

There will be one file called Unofficial SP 5.2 for Windows 2000, sometime next year :yes:

At the moment, to make it very simple, you can just install:

1. USP5.1 from here (w2ksp51.7z)
  2. KB2722913
  3. Update Rollup 2
  4. the latest daily of UURollup-v11 (available in the Archive).

The system won't be fully updated but these are the basic requirements to be able to use some of the XP drivers and run new applications. As for the ASMedia SATA drivers, you need scsiport.sys 5.0.2195.7072 (included in the latest daily release of UURollup). Also the official driver won't install as it is because the INF file doesn't support Win2k but you can use my modified version available here.

In one word, install first the packages listed above and then you'll be able to use the ASMedia drivers.

Edited by tomasz86

There will be one file called Unofficial SP 5.2 for Windows 2000, sometime next year :yes:

2. KB2722913
  3. Update Rollup 2

The system won't be fully updated but these are the basic requirements to be able to use some of the XP drivers and run new applications. As for the ASMedia SATA drivers, you need scsiport.sys 5.0.2195.7072 (included in the latest daily release of UURollup). Also the official driver won't install as it is because the INF file doesn't support Win2k but you can use my modified version available here.

In one word, install first the packages listed above and then you'll be able to use the ASMedia drivers.

OK

1. Link is not downloading but appears to be Gurglemyer's SP51

2. IE6 -- can skip if you're using Firefox?

3. For people that don't know HFSLIP can they just nLite OnePiece_Windows_2000_Post-SP4_UpdatePack_v5.0.2_FINAL_ENU.7z instead?

4. nLite Windows2000-UURollup-v10d-d121114-x86-ENU.7z ?

Or to simplify creating an install CD -- nlite items 1,3,4 above in that order?

1. It is the latest version of Gurgelmeyer's USP5.1 (the ones available at Softpedia and MajorGeeks are older).
  2. No, you still need to install it. IE6 files are responsible for Windows Explorer.
  3. nLite is out of question here. You need to use HFSLIP if you wan to slipstream these packages. The instructions which I gave you above are about manual installation. If you want to prepare a slipstreamed source then you can download my HFSLIP package here (it's being uploaded right now), copy your Win2k source files to the "SOURCE" folder and just run the script. All the other required updates are already there so you don't need to add anything to it.
  4. Impossible. Only HFSLIP can slipstream UURollup.

After the script has finished you can just use nLite to add the ASMedia SATA driver to the source ("SOURCESS" folder) and make a new ISO file from it.

• 3 months later...

2. KB2722913
  3. Update Rollup 2

Good morning, so I'm finally trying to do this.

-- Item 1 installed

-- Where is item 2? I found references to "IE6.0SP1-KB2722913-WINDOWS2000-X86-ENU.EXE" but I can't find it.

-- Downloaded + installed item 3 (Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-SrvExt-v2-x86-ENU.exe)

-- Downloaded item 4 (Windows2000-UURollup-v10e-d20130312-x86-ENU.7z) but how do you install?

Finally the link to ASMedia SATA driver is dead.

@Phenomic I think that you got confused on several things.

First of all, item 2 has been updated since then. In one word, it's just the newest IE6 Cumulative Update and at the moment it's 2792100.

Secondly, Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-SrvExt-v2-x86-ENU.exe is only for Windows 2000 Server. You need to install Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-x86-ENU.exe.

And lastly, Windows2000-UURollup-v10e-d20130312-x86-ENU is not a daily version of UURollup-v11 but UURollup-v10 (as it's filename says)! At the moment the latest daily version of UURollup-v11 is Windows2000-UURollup-v11-d20130312-x86-ENU.7z. In order to install it you need to unpack the package and then run "update\update.exe".

As for the drivers, you can find them here.

@Phenomic I think that you got confused on several things.

First of all, item 2 has been updated since then. In one word, it's just the newest IE6 Cumulative Update and at the moment it's 2792100.

Secondly, Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-SrvExt-v2-x86-ENU.exe is only for Windows 2000 Server. You need to install Windows2000-UpdateRollup2-x86-ENU.exe.

And lastly, Windows2000-UURollup-v10e-d20130312-x86-ENU is not a daily version of UURollup-v11 but UURollup-v10 (as it's filename says)! At the moment the latest daily version of UURollup-v11 is Windows2000-UURollup-v11-d20130312-x86-ENU.7z. In order to install it you need to unpack the package and then run "update\update.exe".

As for the drivers, you can find them here.

Thank you, I couldn't find IE6 Cumulative Update for 2000 . . . but ASMedia AHCI worked, I love the new logo. Is that a feather?

Now we need some new Firefox, still stuck with v12.0

Edited by Phenomic