Help ! Flash Drive Gone ! - WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

maxmix

Hi Guys....

Got a yellow exclamation and driver's cannot be loaded for my Flash Drive after trying to install WinXP as a self bootable...

Tried HP Flash Drive Utility and Windows disk managment, cant get my laptop to see the flash drive at all...

Help !

maxmix

Have you tried it on another computer?

Will give it a try, it's an 8gb drive that I use for movies all the time, all was well until I tried to make it a bootable USB with a windows iso

Something I ticked by mistake I think...

maxmix

PS All I get in CP is Other Devices (Not under USB) and it has a little 'e' next to it as in a drive letter but without the :

Something I ticked by mistake I think...
Simply no way, there is no such option, nor there could be such. The only software could damage an USB disk in such way, if it is damaged indeed, is software, which works on firmware level, i.e. software from USB disk or memory controller manufacturer. None if the programs included in WinSetupFromUSB, nor it has such "powers".

USB sticks has limited number of write cycles, good ones have way more, bad ones have less, or much less. 3 cheap Samsung USB sticks died on me in less than a week, 3 good one- made by Buffalo, Lexar and Transcent, purchased the same time, 5-6 or more years ago, heavily used and abused, are still in perfect shape...

But again, first test it on another PC.

But again, first test it on another PC.

Then (if it results as accessible on the othe PC), clean thoroughfully the USB related entries in the Registry on your PC and try again, see:

and links therein

jaclaz