Windows 2000 on Intel I Series Chipset: And not a sigle boot up was gi

gerry9

> On the AHCI subject, I installed the drivers I had from BlackWingCat (the ones you linked to) last night and they worked perfectly! Now with the Rollups I'm considering updating to the official ones from Intel.

In the Device manager, there is a checkbox on my HDD's properties which says "Write Cache Enabled" and can't be activated - I suppose it only works with IDE drives...

If the BlackWingCat's drivers work for you then I wouldn't personally recommend replacing them in a running system... unless you've got a back-up image ready which you can restore quickly and like experimenting. "Write Cache" does work on my computer with AHCI enabled (AMD A55 chipset).

> The nvidia drivers I installed are v197.45, a couple months earlier than 258.96. I'm updating them anyway :lol Luckily this graphics card is quite compatible across the board.

The drivers 197.45 are actually not fully functional in Win2k (Dualview doesn't work).

> Right now it's addressing 3.39 GB of RAM. I'll change the boot.ini file to one with the /PAE switch in no time. With the low memory usage of Win2k enabling PAE is no more than pure fancy :P

I guess it depends on the applications you use, doesn't it? :P

Screen shot from my system:

post-310716-0-18170700-1352221303_thumb.

It's amazing what these Rollups can do! My hardware is now fully supported, and programs like Auslogics Disk Defrag, Chromium browser and its extensions, Sumatra PDF (personal favorite) are working perfectly. The new task manager is a welcome addition too!

If you want to stay updated then you should keep an eye on this topic for fresh information about new versions of UURollup and other packages.