Drivers for new computers?

huja

Go to intel website and download: "Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver" and "Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver".

Intel Usb 3.0 drivers doesn't exist for XP so you'll only get usb 2.0 speed.

It seems you'll also need AMD HD graphics drivers.

As for the network interface, post its hardware id as there are many wifi adapters for this hp computer.

Go to intel website and download: "Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver" and "Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver".

Intel Usb 3.0 drivers doesn't exist for XP so you'll only get usb 2.0 speed.

It seems you'll also need AMD HD graphics drivers.

As for the network interface, post its hardware id as there are many wifi adapters for this hp computer.

Hello,

Thank you.

I downloaded from the links indicated above.

"Intel Chipset Utility and Driver" fixed SM Bus Controller and Universal Seriab Bus (USB) Controller.

"Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver" didn't find any update (see capture).

For the Network Controller, the ID is:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

But, the Audio device is still not working, I cannot find the drivers.

Happy New Year !

Gabriel

post-370244-0-62272400-1356953685_thumb.

@allen2

EDIT!!! I downloaded the Audio for Win7 - it has TWO folders inside WDM - one is XP and one is Vista (how odd) AND inside the INF files, there's nothing for the Device you list. What makes you think that's it? Why don't you try that Driver?
Forgot to mention - I went to HP for that Model and the one I referred to was "sp55977.exe". SO... it seems that they MIGHT be available? Try it (either/or)!

EDIT: the answer was the other posts in this topic: nowadays they tend to put a lot of drivers in one package (video, audio, chipset, SATA) and call it a suite; ATI does it, so why not Intel?

I believe it is likely because Intel peicemeals their hardware components out to ODMs (like Asus, MSI, custom shops) to build boards with their individual components (video, nic, chipset, etc) but all the nVidia and ATI boards I've seen usually contain everything together.

Hello and Happy New Year 2013 !

This idt hd audio codec should work as it also contains xp 32 bits drivers.

Yes, it works! Now the sound is OK. Thank you !

Did you installed the amd and intel hd video graphics drivers ?

I tried to install, from Intel and from AMD. I have AMD Radeon HD 7670M. Finally, the driver found doesn't work properly (see the capture).

For AMD Radeon HD 7600 Series:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6840&SUBSYS_183E103C&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6840&SUBSYS_183E103C

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6840&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6840&CC_0300

For the network, this one might work.

It doesn't work. I installed it, and a unknown device appeared. After trying to install the video graphics drivers, the unknown device dissapeared.

Gabriel

post-370244-0-95722300-1357057984_thumb.

Which amd driver did you try to install (post the link to the install package you used) ?

For the other network driver with the yellow mark, it might be a wireless one. Could you check its hardware id and post it ?

Also post the hardware id of the pci device.

Hello,

Which amd driver did you try to install (post the link to the install package you used) ?

I didn't find a package on AMD site.

From the following page I selected my product to find the package, and tried "Auto Detect and Install", but with no positive result.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Then (same page), I selected Latest AMD Catalist drivers for Radeon HD7000, HD6000 and HD5000 series for 32 bit Windows XP, which installed the AMD Radeon HD 7600M series, but it is not properly functioning.

For the other network driver with the yellow mark, it might be a wireless one. Could you check its hardware id and post it ?

Yes, indeed, the network by wire (cable with RJ45) is OK. The network controller (wireless) ID is :

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

Also post the hardware id of the pci device.

The hardware ID for the PCI device is:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_183E103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_183E103C

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF0000

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF00

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Gabriel

Hello

The pci device is the realtek card reader and HP drivers for windows 7 x64 also contains the xp drivers.

I installed the driver, now is OK.

The network adapter is a wifi broadcom adapter and again the HP drivers contains the XP drivers.

I installed the driver, now is OK.

For the Amd driver, you need the one provided by Sp0iLedBrAt in this thread before your first post.

I already installed this software, AMD Catalyst Manager, which found the AMD Radeon HD 7600M series, but it is not properly functioning, it still has yellow mark.

Thank you,

Gabriel

http://www2.ati.com/...xp32_dd_ccc.exe

This must be the one; if not, you have other issues not related to the right driver.

Cheers

EDIT: The Catalyst Manager and Control Center require .NET Framework 2.0. Try unpacking the file and installing through Device Manager (Update driver) by pointing to the folder with the .inf file. The path (out of memory) is ...\$_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display\XP_INF\

Next to the .inf file there should also be an .msi file and a .cat file (both with the same name as the .inf file), as well as a folder containing the driver files.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

I just forgot really. You have a hybrid graphics notebook. While the drivers for desktop versions may install properly, the switching won't work as expected. You need to use the notebook specific video drivers, specifically the Intel one.

You will need the Intel Mobility drivers (post the HwID for it) as well as the possibility of needing the switching software unless you have a physical switch. Some early hybrid models required rebooting into the BIOS and changing a setting, and then booting back up into Windows to use the other adapter. Either that or there may be a physical switch and still require a reboot.

All the times I look up emachines e642g I find it has a different Radeon chip than you say it does.

FYI - you're getting spoon-fed the correct drivers since the HP Specs page doesn't specify which piece of hardware has been put into it. Theoretically, you could have gotten them on your own because all of the Downloads are given off the links of this page (where I had looked in the first place). BUT... whatever - you're getting there!

You could maybe even install the Net Framework v1.1 to facilitate the installation of the Catalyst Software.

@Tripredacus - this is a different Member that inadvertently hijacked the thread (see link to the Notebook Model). No biggie, though...

Video Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
AMD site specifically says Catalyst works on XP (see 2nd tab). Hmmm... This says
Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD Catalyst software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded independently through the AMD website.
YOINKS! 7670M isn't listed!

AHHH!!! I found some "modded" ones here. Use at your own risk!

@Gabriel - Don't forget to say Thank You to the members for their efforts after everything is "working". ;)

Edited by submix8c