Internet Explorer 9

bookie32

Hi guys!

OK! this is crazy......Internet Explorer 9 is a free choice upgrade, but some programs are stopping support for IE8, so the free choice becomes a necessity.......lol.

I helped a customer upgrade to IE9 and when we restarted there was an icon "The Internet" on the desktop....lol

I started IE and it was in fact English instead of Swedish?!

I removed the culprit and insalled it manually.... Now all is well with the world again...

My obvious question is why? I have looked after her computer for some time and there is nothing remotely English about any settings.....I get the feeling that Microsoft is losing the plot......

What is even worse I have my suppliers boasting about the new Windows 8...how good it is with all its new functions etc....Only idiots will buy it.....lol

bookie32

This can happen when some programs like: HP Smart Web Printing add-on are installed and aren't compatible with IE9.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/internet-explorer-9-and-hp-smart-web-printing/f02ff56b-7b6f-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?msgId=56a0ad7c-2370-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

The IE9 installation ignores the IE9 language version to install and IE9 is installed with English language!

You can see that on the installation log files.

• 5 months later...

bookie32, you need the Swedish IE9 language pack if you want to use Internet Explorer 9 in Swedish language. Go to the linked text and download & install the IE9-Windows6.0-LanguagePack-x86-sve.msu file for IE9.

and the version of Vista you have installed must also have the Swedish language pack installed for Vista as well.

see this Softpedia page on Vista SP2 MUI language packs; one of them includes the Swedish pack.

Edited by erpdude8