Can't install IE6 vanilla or SP1 on Win2k sp4

subhuman

Hi guys! I've been having issues while trying to install IE 6 vanilla or SP1 on normal 2k + sp4 and well.. as everybody knows, there's no better place than this to ask for help with win oses :)

Okay, I know this probably has been seen here many times but what happens is that windows opens the infamous 'digital signature not found' window, and if I click ok then setup closes with a 'Setup was unable to install all the components' error.

so... If you could give me a hand then I'd really appreciate it! Greetings

Which IE6 installer are you trying to use? Is your system freshly installed?

yes, I dual booted 98se with 2000 just a week ago and I'm trying to install ie via the full offline installer without any service packs (dated from 2001) or the ie sp1 offline installer

Just throwing out an idea, dunno if it's right or not but could it have anything to do with Windows Update Agent or Root Certificate Updates not being found?

how could I check if there's something wrong with certificates?

or the ie sp1 offline installer.

Such an installer for ie sp1 never was released by MS, AFAIK, all that exists, officially, is that horrible downloder... and some unofficial repositories.

Which language are your OSes in? Spanish?

or the ie sp1 offline installer.

Such an installer for ie sp1 never was released by MS, AFAIK, all that exists, officially, is that horrible downloder... and some unofficial repositories.

Which language are your OSes in? Spanish?

no, english :). Yes, maybe the sp1 installer I was refering to is unofficial.

I'll repeat myself.

Is the system freshly installed? Is it a clean default installation or did you modify it somehow (nLite, etc.)?

For sure. Setup wasn't stripped or anything like that. However, I checked the cd mb size and it's just 376mb. Is that normal at all?

? I have Full Retail (label ZRMPFPP_EN) 368mb, all files/folders dated 06/20/2003. I386 folder is exactly 312,404,432 bytes. Is yours an OEM install?

Did you get/try this package? I find it mighty strange that you're getting that error. These are "basically" the "official" ones.