Cannot log in as admin no matter what, not even in safe mode

qwertyqwerty

U-_- I'm really impressed with how small and fast nlite made windows xp, except I'm having a HUGE problem with the user accounts. I've done some searching but I can't find anything :( The thing is, I really can't access the admin account. At all. And it's kinda distressing because I can't install ANYTHING without the admin account. I provided a password for it, and then made another user for myself and made the password blank. I put it under the "administrators" group but it doesn't have any access at all :( What's going on? Sorry if it's a bad question, I've been searching and scanning for over an hour and a half and I don't really know what to do U-_-

Users, passwords and logons are stored in the Last Session_u.ini file, but if you are posting it, please remove/replace the actual passwords and the product key. As far as I can see, you are working with nLite on Windows 7, which can cause problems. If nothing else works, you can install XP on a virtual machine and work with nLite there. You can easily export the resulting ISO from there.

Cheers

Users, passwords and logons are stored in the Last Session_u.ini file, but if you are posting it, please remove/replace the actual passwords and the product key. As far as I can see, you are working with nLite on Windows 7, which can cause problems. If nothing else works, you can install XP on a virtual machine and work with nLite there. You can easily export the resulting ISO from there.

Cheers

thanks for replying :)

Here it is. Uhm, I'm not sure what you're talking about. . . yeah, I made the iso using a different laptop running windows 7. And then I burned it and installed it on my own laptop, wiping it clean in the process. The laptop originally ran windows 7. I can't really install xp in a vm because this isn't my laptop U^_^

Last Session (2012.10.25-15.57.28)_u.ini

Edited by qwertyqwerty

There is nothing (wrong) to see in your ini file. IF you are starting from scratch (original set of files)

-both accounts should exist and have administrative rights,

-"Administrator" has been renamed to "Admin"

When you say you can't login to Admin in Safe Mode, do you mean it doesn't accept the password (even blank?) or does it "auto logon" to the other account ? If so, can you not log off and retry ?

If you are not starting from original set of files and users have been modified, you won't be able to reuse users section as nLite only handles "theoretically existing built-in" users.

There is nothing (wrong) to see in your ini file. IF you are starting from scratch (original set of files)

-both accounts should exist and have administrative rights,

-"Administrator" has been renamed to "Admin"

When you say you can't login to Admin in Safe Mode, do you mean it doesn't accept the password (even blank?) or does it "auto logon" to the other account ? If so, can you not log off and retry ?

If you are not starting from original set of files and users have been modified, you won't be able to reuse users section as nLite only handles "theoretically existing built-in" users.

Haha, sorry, some of that went over my head. . .

What do you mean starting from scratch?

Yes, I did rename administrator as admin. No reason, really, I just wanted to :)

I went into safe mode but no, it doesn't accept anything. Apparently I don't have the right to?

I set it to autologin to the other account, because I thought I'd be okay since the user was in the "administrators" group. I've logged off and tried logging in as admin, but no go; it says I can't do that either.

what do you mean by, "theoretically existing built-in" users?

That part (users creation, renaming) is very touchy and nLite always assumes the source only contains the standard MS pre built accounts. If any further modification is then performed (in running nLite a 2nd time), things can go wrong.

Same problem as you have: here.

That part (users creation, renaming) is very touchy and nLite always assumes the source only contains the standard MS pre built accounts. If any further modification is then performed (in running nLite a 2nd time), things can go wrong.

Same problem as you have: here.

Ah, I see. I'll check it out. Thank you!