CD tray won't open

rubenbuben

Hello people,

The bottom cd tray (i have two cd trays) of my pc can't be opened anymore and in it is a cd rom i need to get out of the cd tray...

I already tried with vbscript to open the cd tray but only the upper cd tray opened and when i kept that one open and did it again no cd tray opened.

Does anybody know about a vbscript code to open the bottom cd tray or does anybody know how to modificate the former code to one that opens the bottom cd tray? Thanks

Thank you very much for your reaction, Kelsenellenelvian. Unfortunately my trays are a bit different. I have a trays that are both protected with individual flaps and arent reachable when closed. I can remove that flap with a paperclip, and the tray will become reachable. Unfortunately this only applies to the upper tray... Behind the bottom tray flap i see 2cm forward in the computer a metal plate with big holes in it. So i'm afraid that you're solution won't help me. Thanks though

What vb script ? Just right-click the drive in Explorer and click "Eject". Some drives will not open if vertical but I guess 'bottom tray" means they are horizontal. The paper clip trick described in the previous post should work even if the drive is not powered (any indication it is ?).

Look, I don't want to seem grumpier than usual, but EVERY SINGLE CD/DVD drive ever built does have a small hole for mechanical opening of the tray.

If the motor/sledge of the tray is - for any reason - jammed, OBVIOUSLY *ANY* software won't be able to open it.

ALL softwares send a command to the tray motor, basically telling it "Open Sesame" :w00t:

If Ali Baba had put a huge rock blocking the cave door, you can yell "Open Sesame" till the end of time, but until you remove the rock, it won't open.

If when (through ANY software) an Eject command is sent, and you can hear the motor attempting to open the tray and the tray doesn't open is a mechanical issue that must be solved mechanically.

It's not really rocket science:

http://www.gotknowhow.com/articles/how-to-unjam-a-computer-dvd-cd-rom-drive

http://www.ehow.com/how_2324439_eject-stuck-dvdcd-drive.html

Some ZIP drives had it on the back, but I cannot recall a single CD/DVD drive NOT haviing it on the front:

http://www.ehow.com/how_8398212_remove-stuck-floppy-zip-drive.html

Yes, you may need to disassemble the drive from the case, if you cannot reach the small hole from the outside "as is".

If you post some specs of your PC or a photo of it, it would be easier to give you some more specific instructions.

jaclaz

Yes, you may need to disassemble the drive from the case, if you cannot reach the small hole from the outside "as is".

A well-placed

to the back of the machine always works, without need to open the case, though... :angel

But have in mind the CD/DVD, as well as the crumbles from the tray, are usually ejected very forcefully through the front by this method... :ph34r: