Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Hi All.

I installed startisback on my friends laptop and it works great. The problem is I can not find where the startisback program is. It is not shown under program files. Where would I put the licence code in to activate?

I would also like to know if the startisback software will install any other programs that I might not want. I went with just the basic install choice it gave me, if I remember correctly.

How would someone uninstall this program if they wanted to.

I would like to become a reseller in my area. I think this software is great so far.

Just need more info. To the creator, great job.

Hi!

Right-click on the Start Button, or on the Start Menu and choose Properties. All the way at the bottom, "About", it will let you activate there.

SiB doesn't install anything else at all. Not even a hint of anything else.

You can uninstall SiB through the Control Panel/Programs and Features.

I concur, he did a great job!

Thank you for the fast reply.

I will look for it again in the Control Panel/Programs and Features, not to uninstall it but to know where it is at.

I did look for it their before but did not see it.

I have to wait til tommorow when he is at home.

I would like to sell and install this here in my country, Paypal is very seldom used here, unpopular here. I do have though.

The first installation went so smooth it was so nice. Would their be any other complications to watch out for during a installation?

Thanks again.

dont know if just said, but I've this issue:

when I click the start menu and go to all programs, it hang when trying to show the icons for the ones not in a folder...I dont have many, just around 15... and I've windows XP options to show...

it doesnt happen everytime, just one out of 4-5

Hi!

I just installed SIB 2.1.2 on win8 64bit machine and everthing is working great.

I have a very minor query. Is there is an option to start searching a program/application while typing the first few letters of the program/application in the start menu search bar?

For example, i have to type the complete word "firefox" in the start menu search bar to bring up firefox. As far as i know, in win7 search bar, it will already give you the option for firefox by just typing the first few letters. It is also the same case on SIB 2.1.2 if you are typing the first few letters of a setting.

Again this is only a query. Big thanks to Tihiy for making this wonderful program.

Cheers!

Hi Tihiy,

First of all, thanks a million for creating StartIsBack. It has been the only reason I've stuck with Windows 8 for so long instead of dumping it immediately and going back to Windows 7.

I've been using StartIsBack since March but this one problem has always been bugging me.

Basically, Explorer.exe crashes a few times a week, and it's always after Windows startup when I type something into the search box of the StartIsBack Start Menu. It seems completely random because it doesn't happen after every reboot, just some. This is the error report for the crash:

puWcS2b.png

I'm not sure if this is a problem with StartIsBack or Windows itself. I never use the godawful Windows 8 native search so I haven't tested if it happens with that. But I have a strong suspicion it's a problem with StartIsBack because I have reinstalled Windows several times for various other reasons and this has happened each time.

Here are my PC specs BTW:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 laptop

Windows 8 Pro x64
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4-3.4 GHz
8GB DDR3-1600
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 2GB GDDR5 SLI
15.6'' 1920x1080
1TB 5400 RPM HDD + 16GB SSD

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Is it possible to add the "Hibernation" option in the the "shutdown" meny? Beacuse right now I can only choose between Sleep, shutdown, reboot, log out or change user. I want HIbernation aswell.

zip and upload the 4 files that show up under "files that help describe the problem"

Thanks for the info! Sorry I didn't respond sooner. For some reason the instant email notification doesn't work even though I set it up in my settings on this board...Anyway, I just did a Disk Cleanup so the files are gone, but next time Explorer crashes again I'll be sure to upload them. Should be in the next few days as this is a regular occurrence when I reboot.

Edited by octiceps