Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I never use it and I feel like it's just wasted space. I guess that would fall under skinning.

Is there anyway to hide the search bar on the test build?

No, and not planned. Do you want to get rid of it for functional or skinning purpose?

Probably bugreport. See image attached.

• StartIsBack 2.1.1
  • Windows Server 2012 x64

I've enabled sleep in Windows' power options, but it's not added to the SiB menu. As you see, "Sleep" appears in configuration dialog, but if you select it there, the "Sign Out" option will be shown instead in main start menu (and it does what it says, sign out). So, the only way to put PC to the sleep mode, is to use Alt-F4 shutdown menu menu, and choose sleep there.

post-116466-0-61933700-1372520370_thumb.

Curious, could you modify the start menu where behind the programs list, more programs, and search box can use blur? In 7 and 8 you have to set some ridiculous content margins to the basic open box (part #18) like 0, -200, -2000, -1998 in order for blur to work behind those parts.

Curious, could you modify the start menu where behind the programs list, more programs, and search box can use blur? In 7 and 8 you have to set some ridiculous content margins to the basic open box (part #18) like 0, -200, -2000, -1998 in order for blur to work behind those parts.

StartIsBack.Next does not have limitations on blur. Everything renders on blur. I could remove non-rectangular pane limitations as well but that would make holes in standard skin.

But I guess it falls down to some setting or policy. Is Sleep available in modern ui shudown?

No, there is no "Sleep" in modern ui, just "Shutdown" and "Restart"

Looking at this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/41bb0d2b-5f84-4585-97b8-18528f53d486/sleep-and-hibernation-is-working-on-server-2012-with-started-hypervisor-i-do-not-know-why

It appears that Server 2012's sleep ability (or clickable option) is dependent on the video driver. :unsure:

Hi, i found an error in Italian Translation:

Line 125

http://startisback.com/langs/IT-IT.txt

Sentence:

Enable bottom-left screen corner (Start screen)=Abilita angolo in basso a destra (Schermata Start)

left is "sinistra". "Destra" means "right". So it would be --> Abilita angolo in basso a sinistra (Schermata Start)

=)

btw i bought a license but i haven't received the license code yet >_> i sent an email to startisback at gmail dot com but it still not answer :/

Edited by Leonhart

Line 125

Sentence:

Enable bottom-left screen corner (Start screen)=Abilita angolo in basso a destra (Schermata Start)

left is "sinistra". "Destra" means "right". So it would be --> Abilita angolo in basso a sinistra (Schermata Start)

=)

btw i bought a license but i haven't received the license code yet >_> i sent an email to startisback at gmail dot com but it still not answer :/

Can you forward me this to support e-mail?

Line 125

Sentence:

=)

Can you forward me this to support e-mail?

forwarded :D

I've been contacted by Microsoft about StartIsBack 2.1 causing crashes when Windows 8 is updated to Windows 8.1 Preview.

If anyone seen this (on x64), please contact me via support e-mail.

Also, StartIsBack for 8.1 preview alpha version is up https://moot.it/startisback

Not that exciting yet. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tihiy

I've been contacted by Microsoft about StartIsBack 2.1 causing crashes when Windows 8 is updated to Windows 8.1 Preview.

If anyone seen this (on x64), please contact me via support e-mail.

Also, StartIsBack for 8.1 preview alpha version is up https://moot.it/startisback

Not that exciting yet. :rolleyes:

Pretty good mate, had a little test and noticed a couple of problems, the :search programs and Files" text still doesn't show the first time you click on the start button, well it does but then it disappears a moment later, second time it will stay there though.

The other is if you have a custom theme with the Taskbar height set smaller, the start menu button wont show and even hitting the windows key wont open the start menu so it is completely disabled, the Taskbar height only needs to be altered by 2 pixels to notice this problem, I testing using my Vista8ModernMix theme and the Taskbar Height was set to 29px height which is 11px smaller then default, about the same size as the small icon view in taskbar options, also tested using small icons with the same Taskbar height and it works fine using small icons.

Also tested having the Taskbar show on the Start Screen and it seems to work intermittently, every 2nd time you go to the start screen it will show.

It seems that 2.1 is not crashing on 8.1 and it's an erroneus data. I'll notify all users by mail to update to newer StartIsBack version.

The other is if you have a custom theme with the Taskbar height set smaller, the start menu button wont show and even hitting the windows key wont open the start menu so it is completely disabled
That may have something to do with start button not fitting into new taskbar, StartIsBack thinking that start button size changed and thus recreating it all the time. Please check your e-mail also. :rolleyes:

StartIsBack Test7 (for Windows 8.1) has corrupted my explorer.exe

No list of open windows on taskbar, no clock on bottom-right screen. No way to access to the Start/Metro screen.

On Safe Mode, explorer.exe never load or execute.

I tried to do a refresh, it didn't work :/

Tihiy does StartIsBack.Next overlap the start button (flag) in win8.1 preview or remove it.

If it remove's start button (flag) in Win8.1 Preview can you make a separate program to do this ?

OR

Can you say how to remove start button (flag) in Win8.1 Preview ?

As a lot of people would like to REMOVE the Start Button (Flag). Thanks ace2