Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Greeting!Sorry I have not got many days here.

startisback latest version is pretty stable... but?I give you all the programs open bar that goes down has some errors that I have written here.

1.the first pic is normal right

2.and in the second picture down if I leave the menu bar and then start:bar appears down and not up as it should

post-373952-0-19518300-1368959114_thumb.

OK, here is what I guess Stelian88 wants to says:

- When he puts the mouse on All Programs, it shows the next page of Start Menu properly. Notice that the scroll bar is on the top. (pic 1)

- Then he returns to the previous page of Start Menu, and again goes back to the next page. This time the scroll bar is at the bottom, not on the top as it should be. (pic 2)

Anyone has the same problem? I've tried the above steps and found the scroll bar always on the top. Actually, it will have the same position where I drag it up or down before I return to the first page of Start Menu.

OK, here is what I guess Stelian88 wants to says:

- When he puts the mouse on All Programs, it shows the next page of Start Menu properly. Notice that the scroll bar is on the top. (pic 1)

- Then he returns to the previous page of Start Menu, and again goes back to the next page. This time the scroll bar is at the bottom, not on the top as it should be. (pic 2)

Anyone has the same problem? I've tried the above steps and found the scroll bar always on the top. Actually, it will have the same position where I drag it up or down before I return to the first page of Start Menu.

yeah trying to leave the scroll bar down and then close the menu..and then open it again

There are not so many items on the next page of my Start Menu. The scroll bar only appears when I open some folders there. If I completely leave the Start Menu, all the folders will collapse and the scroll bar won't be there anymore.

Let's wait for someone who has a long list of items on the second page to check this problem for you.

I can confirm that the menu remains in its "last used state" when re-opened - so if the last use had it scrolled to the bottom, it reopens already scrolled to the same place.

Aloha..

I'm with you in not having sufficient entries in the start menu to even see the scollbar - but temporarily reducing the number of "recent programs" let me see what happens (makes the menu-window that much smaller). And thanks for explaining it clearly - I was struggling to understand until your post number 1821

I am periodically getting message saying "Trial period is expired . . . " and I have to re-enter the key every time this happened. How can I stop this?

Try reinstalling app for your user, not all users. Ensure you have latest SIB version.

I am periodically getting message saying "Trial period is expired . . . " and I have to re-enter the key every time this happened. How can I stop this?

Try reinstalling app for your user, not all users. Ensure you have latest SIB version.

Do you mean suggesting that I reinstalling application softwares? There are many application softwares that are installed. I wonder what has to do with those application softwares. Maybe I missunderstood your reply.

I think Tihiy just meant to reinstall SiB for the user who is seeing that message.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks for your reply. I am the only one who is using the machine. Anyway, I downloaded and installed v2.1.

What I, and I think Tihiy, meant is that when you install SiB you have an option. You can either install it for all users, or just for the individual user that is doing the install. Not knowing which you chose when you installed SiB, Tihiy suggested reinstalling SiB, using the latest version, and choose the option to install for the individual user and see if you still had the same problem. Please let us know if reinstalling SiB fixes the issue for you.

Cheers and Regards

What I, and I think Tihiy, meant is that when you install SiB you have an option. You can either install it for all users, or just for the individual user that is doing the install. Not knowing which you chose when you installed SiB, Tihiy suggested reinstalling SiB, using the latest version, and choose the option to install for the individual user and see if you still had the same problem. Please let us know if reinstalling SiB fixes the issue for you.

Cheers and Regards

OK, I will post back if it recurrs.

I can confirm that the menu remains in its "last used state" when re-opened - so if the last use had it scrolled to the bottom, it reopens already scrolled to the same place.

Then this should not be called a problem or a bug at all.

About your post here:

Do you mean that you have icons but they are plain, white squares - or do you mean that there are no icons showing at all? If you have no icons, do you have the text naming the programs or is the program list itself completely empty? If that's the case, have you registered your copy of SIS - if not and the free trial has expired, it will remain blank unless you register and pay the (very reasonable) fee.

I don't think this is related to the trial expiration. Tihiy said the applications had their own icons since version 2.0. I just read back some pages and found out the first version of SIB I installed is 2.0.2. After installing it I entered the key at once. And a few days later when I looked through folder Start Apps, all the icons were blank.

Then this should not be called a problem or a bug at all.

[/quote}

I made no comment about it being "a problem" or "a bug" - I merely confirmed what a couple of other users had reported as the way SiB was handling a paricular scenario.

About your post here:

Do you mean that you have icons but they are plain, white squares - or do you mean that there are no icons showing at all? If you have no icons, do you have the text naming the programs or is the program list itself completely empty? If that's the case, have you registered your copy of SIS - if not and the free trial has expired, it will remain blank unless you register and pay the (very reasonable) fee.

I don't think this is related to the trial expiration. Tihiy said the applications had their own icons since version 2.0. I just read back some pages and found out the first version of SIB I installed is 2.0.2. After installing it I entered the key at once. And a few days later when I looked through folder Start Apps, all the icons were blank.

I didn't say it was or wasn't "related to the trial expiration" - I was just asking the poster to clarify because his post was rather ambiguous and pointed to known solutions to some of the possible interpretations.