Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Hi!

I want to buy a license for startisback, but on the buy page: http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab you can only buy a license for 2 computers.

I only have 1 pc and i have no need for a license for 2 computers, is there a way to get a 1 pc license?

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

Yes. Given that Windows 8.1 probably bring back start button, and then there's probably no reason to use startisback anymore.

Then why not to wait? I am sure the price of one license is $3. Let's say, you get a second one free.

And as that website clearly says

"Don’t get too excited, though: As it stands, the resurrected Start button will still open the new, tile-based Metro Start screen. For now, there doesn’t seem to be any plans to bring back the old Start menu — for that, you’ll still need to install a third-party Start button/menu app."

So Windows 8.1 probably won't stop people wanting to buy startisback anyway

And as that website clearly says

"Don’t get too excited, though: As it stands, the resurrected Start button will still open the new, tile-based Metro Start screen. For now, there doesn’t seem to be any plans to bring back the old Start menu — for that, you’ll still need to install a third-party Start button/menu app."

So Windows 8.1 probably won't stop people wanting to buy startisback anyway

Ok :D

Well i just buy 2 pc license :)

A license for two PCs is a good idea because maybe you will have another computer in the future. And the key will be available to use at that time.

PS. Installed the new version yesterday. He said "maybe" and then forgot all about it!

Hi!

I want to buy a license for startisback, but on the buy page: http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab you can only buy a license for 2 computers.

I only have 1 pc and i have no need for a license for 2 computers, is there a way to get a 1 pc license?

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

Yes. Given that Windows 8.1 probably bring back start button, and then there's probably no reason to use startisback anymore.

That is the rumor, but it's just a start button, and I believe it only launches the Start page. I don't recall reading/hearing anything about Microsoft bringing back the Start Menu.

From which version of SIB did folder Start Apps on Start Menu show the icons of the store applications? I just noticed this today!

However, it also displays some applications that I've uninstalled from Start Screen. And I can't delete them by pressing Delete key.

From which version of SIB did folder Start Apps on Start Menu show the icons of the store applications? I just noticed this today!

However, it also displays some applications that I've uninstalled from Start Screen. And I can't delete them by pressing Delete key.

If you right-click on the folder in the start-menu, it will give you the option to open the folder in explorer BUT I can't say if it's "safe" to simply delete the icons from there.

Since 2.0. Do those apps still work? Does reboot helps? What's the names of the apps?

Pengipete,

It seems that I only unpinned them from Start Screen, not uninstalled them properly. After some searching and uninstalling again, they're all gone now. The rest apps work fine whether I run them from folder Start Apps or from Start Screen.

Tihiy,

I rarely check All Programs on Start Menu. I remember when I last opened folder Start Apps (not sure in what old version), all of the applications had the same icons, something like a sheet of white paper! I clicked on the folder today and found out all the applications have their own icons. Feel like I am behind the times now!

Btw, I seldom run Metro applications from the desktop, almost always go to Start Screen and run them there. It's much faster and easier to find them because they are arranged in groups.

Thank you both for replying.

the icons for metro apps in my startisback start menu have all gone blank. anyone know what might have happened or how i can get them back?

Do you mean that you have icons but they are plain, white squares - or do you mean that there are no icons showing at all? If you have no icons, do you have the text naming the programs or is the program list itself completely empty? If that's the case, have you registered your copy of SIS - if not and the free trial has expired, it will remain blank unless you register and pay the (very reasonable) fee.