Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I'm trying to purchase my license of startisback, but I'm getting a paypal error:

"We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

I've tried in different browsers and continue to get the same error. Please help - I'd like to activate my license now that my trial is up.

Great job by the way and thanks.

### EDIT: Nevermind. It worked this time. ###

Edited by crimm

Does anyone know if SIB works with Windows 8.1 I heard Tihiy saying they changed some code and it will not work there anymore.

At this time no. Nothing more will be said or done until it's near final release.

Version 2.1 is finally out!

http://startisback.com/#download-tab

Due to Microsoft request, all start button images containing Windows logo were removed. Download them separately here.

Thanks for the update - and I have to say that it's amazing that each update genuinely improves what was already an excellent app. (I actually tried using W8 without SIB a couple of days ago - I'd forgotten how bad it is :wacko:)

Am I right to say that if you are installing 2.1 as an update, your existing orbs are not deleted or affected in any way (that's certainly how it worked for me)?

I have the issue, that the 2.1 files are nor installed. I had to rename the old StartIsBack64.dll (2.1 Rc2) and run the installer again.

Did installer ask you for a reboot? Do you have user or all users installation?

Yes, it asked for a reboot and I selected to reboot later. I stopped all open tools, stored the open documents and made a reboot.

After a reboot I still had the old file version and I had to use the workaround to get the new Dll.

I have noticed that when animations are turned on in Windows 8, if you select All Programs > Move your mouse to a Folder/Application (Animation completes after stop moving the mouse) > You will notice that no Folder/Application is selected under the mouse (List doesn't have focus) > Due to this scroll doesn't work > Moving the mouse again (even a little bit) gives focus to the List and scrolling will now work.

This does not happen if you have Animations turned off due to All Programs appearing instantaneously before you can even move your mouse into the List.

Hi!

I want to buy a license for startisback, but on the buy page: http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab you can only buy a license for 2 computers.

I only have 1 pc and i have no need for a license for 2 computers, is there a way to get a 1 pc license?

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

What a pointless reply. I agree that there should be option for 1 licence only. I only have 1 PC and would never use the second one.

Hi!

I want to buy a license for startisback, but on the buy page: http://www.startisback.com/#buy-tab you can only buy a license for 2 computers.

I only have 1 pc and i have no need for a license for 2 computers, is there a way to get a 1 pc license?

Thanks.

$3 is too much for you ?

Yes. Given that Windows 8.1 probably bring back start button, and then there's probably no reason to use startisback anymore.

Edited by bobalma