Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Andre,

I don't use AeroGlass so it works fine for me.

Btw, it seems that the usage of memory which I see in the Task Manager is lower than that of the old version. Does anyone notice this or I am just imagining?

Edit: misunderstood what he said!

Edited by Aloha

Well, I just found a bug. Try enabling the taskbar on the start screen. Now disable it after looking at the start screen. You will notice that the horizontal scrollbar is raised up a bit from it's normal position. As a workaround, log out and log back in.

Well, I just found a bug. Try enabling the taskbar on the start screen. Now disable it after looking at the start screen. You will notice that the horizontal scrollbar is raised up a bit from it's normal position. As a workaround, log out and log back in.

Found and fixed another bug: start menu goes behind taskbar if taskbar is placed on screen side and returning from start screen by Windows key.

the new option to show taskbar on Metro breaks bigmuscles AeroGlass for me.

You should check 'Disable taskbar translucency' in SIB properties.

I mean the Aero of the TaskBar :blushing:

Looks like you also use a direct class name and the Aero DLL doesn't know about it. Looks like the same issue like you get when you use Aero with a 2nd Monitor.

I mean the Aero of the TaskBar
So do I. Turn on the disable taskbar translucency checkbox.

In this new version of StartIsBack 2.1 RC1 does not work in safe mode the start menu, the button does not appear. :no:

It's off by default since 2.0. You need to add following value to registry \SOFTWARE\StartIsBack key EnableInSafeMode = 1 (DWORD value)

@Tihiy

I found a bug... 1) if an App is docked in to a side and then Start Screen is called the taskbar get stuck to what desktop size is.

2) If you open right click menu in EBay, Mail (maybe all apps) the Taskbar go on top of it and its hard to read labels.

Screenshots attached...

Thank you for you great work, hope to see it working in Win8.1 in future

post-363698-0-13513200-1366853484_thumb.

post-363698-0-00565700-1366854026_thumb.

Is it possible to add this feature:

Allow unlimited number of MFU applications in the start menu with vertical scroll bar and add an option to to choose from 3 different fixed sizes of the start menu ..

just to make life easier :thumbup

See suggested feature

startisback.png

Thank you

I just installed the latest version on a clean formatted Windows 8 64 bit in trial version, but after rebooting I got a "This program has expired. Please activate" notice. It wasn't even installed for 30 minutes let alone 30 days.

What gives??

I just installed the latest version on a clean formatted Windows 8 64 bit in trial version, but after rebooting I got a "This program has expired. Please activate" notice. It wasn't even installed for 30 minutes let alone 30 days.

You should write me to e-mail. This can happen if time moved backwards.

What gives??

I have the same problem.Yesterday I installed the PC startisback mother. today ......... the 30 days have expired.

Version 2.1RC2

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBack_setupRC.exe

- Fixes for taskbar on Start Screen

Since 2.1RC1 brought new features and changed installation methods for the first time since 1.0, lets test 2.1 more.

Please test trial installs, if you have problems, please post details about your Windows type / install type, etc.

If anyone has a good start button / logo idea, share it with me by mail.

Edited by Tihiy