Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I do not want the recent programs displayed at all. Presently they are added until the space is filled up. I need certain space there where I can manually place icons.

Go to Advanced - check off Store and display recently opened programs.
Recent programs do appear, at the bottom of the left side of the menu. However, they are not up to date. That list might include apps I have not used in several days, whereas apps that I used today and yesterday do not appear there. How could I get the recent apps section to accurately display the most recently used programs?
Recently used program list is not just-used program list, it's the list sorted by internal usage rating which Windows calculates, which includes last launch time, lauch count, switching to the program count, etc. Edited by Tihiy

I do not want the recent programs displayed at all. Presently they are added until the space is filled up. I need certain space there where I can manually place icons.

Go to Advanced - check off Store and display recently opened programs.

I did not know where the Advanced is. The problem is resolved by removing check marks on the Jump Lists tab.

I did not know where the Advanced is. The problem is resolved by removing check marks on the Jump Lists tab.

He means the "Advanced" section of StartIsBack's settings - right-click on the start-button and select "Properties" then select "Advanced" from the list on the left-hand side of the settings window that opens. The options you need are in the "Tweak Windows Settings" section on the right-hand side.

Personally, I find these recently opened options quite confusing!

Nothing in the Spam or Junk folder.

Hmm, then don't know why you couldn't get the key from Tihiy.

Hope it's not because you are American! :P

Edited by Aloha

Personally, I find these recently opened options quite confusing!

That's because they are. Furthermore, for example, unchecking 'Store recently opened programs' in Jump List properties window also deletes Run and Open/Save dialogs history. That does not make much sense, but that's how its done in Windows 7/8. It's better not to touch those options and just set '0' to to recent program count in SIB options.

He means the "Advanced" section of StartIsBack's settings - right-click on the start-button and select "Properties" then select "Advanced" from the list on the left-hand side of the settings window that opens. The options you need are in the "Tweak Windows Settings" section on the right-hand side.

I looked for that there but it was not there. This time I noticed "New updates is available". I installed the updates and "Advanced" emerged.

Thanks for your help.

@Tihiy....

Just a quick note - and definitely not wishing to get into a "windows blue" discussion....

If a future Windows update does mean that your current system of utilising "redundant" code in W8 will no longer work, I for one will be happy to pay you for a self-contained replacement start-menu if you maintain the quality you have achieved with SiB. It might be a nice gesture to offer original SiB users a discount on any such version but that's just a minor suggestion. For what this cost to register, I reckon I've had more than my money's worth already - it's made W8 far more useable for less than the price of a pint and it's head and shoulders above the other start-menues I tried.

Many thanks mate and looking forward to see what else you will develop in the coming months.

It seems that I haven't looked through all the options of SiB yet.

And I think Jump List is something for Taskbar only. Don't know that it's related to Start Menu too.

Um....huh? What's confusing about it? It's been pretty straight forward since WinXP. You either do or do not want to display recent apps and/or items. Then you get to choose how many. Just do as Tihiy stated and choose 0 items.

Looks pretty darn good! I like the speed improvements it has over ClassicShell...CS keeps crashing Windows Explorer. xP

There are a few features I would request be added if they aren't already:

-Support for one button per taskbar (multiple monitor support)

-Ability to move the menu around the screen (so I can replace it the taskbar and still have the menu show in the expected place)

-Ability to toggle the menu with a shortcut (also so I can replace the taskbar and still use it)

Thank you!

Looks like my post got buried. Any word on this?

Hi I have a very weird problem that i'm hoping you can help with out with.

With Startisback installed, I keep getting Ghost clicks that takes makes the current window i'm viewing inactive. Every situation happens when i'm full screen. It has happened when i'm viewing a webpage and has happened when i'm typing in MS Word. I have reinstalled all drivers that could have been the issue, but finally uninstalled Startisback and that worked. The best way I can describe it is if you have two windows open on your screen (IE and Word Doc), if you click out of IE to Word, it makes IE inactive and Word active. I've gone as far as disabling the mouse and it still happens.

Please help.

I have a Dell XPS 13 WIN8 64bit

With Startisback installed, I keep getting Ghost clicks that takes makes the current window i'm viewing inactive. Every situation happens when i'm full screen. It has happened when i'm viewing a webpage and has happened when i'm typing in MS Word. I have reinstalled all drivers that could have been the issue, but finally uninstalled Startisback and that worked. The best way I can describe it is if you have two windows open on your screen (IE and Word Doc), if you click out of IE to Word, it makes IE inactive and Word active. I've gone as far as disabling the mouse and it still happens.

I'm sorry, but i don't understand your issue. Can you describe your scenario so someone could try to reproduce it? It could be some software conflict.
Why there's no update for startisback? I see nothing new.
Which satisfying answer do you expect?