Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

I work for a College, at a local University. We purchased two licenses to test and research, very nice solution to an otherwise problematic interface for our environment. One thing that might be "problematic" is the 'About.' It is my opinion that if you want to reach educational/corporate/government/ audience, you will have to work on it, and --perhaps-- on your web page and support options.

Cheers!

Edited by Fastidius

Tihiy past one month and we have not heard of a newer version, and by the way the StartIsBack have a problem that is not solved since to buy it and is this when you open the menu in the start button and then press any program shortcut from the Taskbar the menu is not hidden until the program shows an example open Mozilla Firefox from the taskbar or some such program TeamViewer does not hide the menu, when I compared the same but only in Windows 7 and clicking in the progam without being open yet and the menu is hidden, just in case I've uninstalled, cleared the registry and still the same with all version of StartIsBack from 1.2.1 to 2.0 and even 2.1 RC.

Hi,

How do I proceed to reorganise my Startisback menu items in new Startisback folders, like Development, Multimedia, Business, etc ?

In Windows XP, there was a start menu folder on disk ...

Thanks, Arc

Edited by Tripredacus
edited title

Hi,

How do I proceed to reorganise my Startisback menu items in new Startisback folders, like Development, Multimedia, Business, etc ?

In Windows XP, there was a start menu folder on disk ...

Thanks, Arc

Like you do in Windows 7.

Right-click 'All programs' button - Open - create and edit subfolders there.

There's also system shortcuts available if you right-click 'All programs' button - Open for all users. You shouldn't touch Desktop, PC settings and Store shortcuts there.

Using SIB 2.1 RCO (still trial version) , on Windows 8 Pro.

A couple of recent minor problems and questions--

1. Isn't the menu supposed to show recent documents, as the Win7 start menu does? In fact I have it configured to do so, but no recent documents entry appears.

2. Recent programs do appear, at the bottom of the left side of the menu. However, they are not up to date. That list might include apps I have not used in several days, whereas apps that I used today and yesterday do not appear there. How could I get the recent apps section to accurately display the most recently used programs?

3. I don't see a "Run" command, as appears inb the Win7 and XP start menus. How can I get that?

Thank you.

3. I don't see a "Run" command, as appears inb the Win7 and XP start menus. How can I get that?

right click on the orb and pick Properties, now in the first pane, tick the entry "Run command..." or something like that

If I launch a new app from a start menu folder, the icon of that app is added to the list which is displayed by clicking on the start orb. Is there a way to suppress this behavior?

I bought this program and love it, but I never received a registration code and I have requested the code numerous times from the web page (http://www.startisback.com/#support-tab) but revived nothing.

My registered email is scott@vandals.us, which must not be working for some reason. Can the author just take a second and send me the code at one of my other email addresses? Like sws@ida.net

1. Isn't the menu supposed to show recent documents, as the Win7 start menu does? In fact I have it configured to do so, but no recent documents entry appears.

It is in the Properties > Start Menu > Recent Items. You need to stick in the check box and then apply it.

I bought this program and love it, but I never received a registration code

Check in the Spam folder to see if it is there. My mail is a Yahoo and the key was sent there too!

Edited by Aloha

If I launch a new app from a start menu folder, the icon of that app is added to the list which is displayed by clicking on the start orb. Is there a way to suppress this behavior?

I guess it is relating to "Number of recent programs to display". It is on Properties > Start Menu.

Try changing 10 to 0 to see if it works.

It is in the Properties > Start Menu > Recent Items. You need to stick in the check box and then apply it.

I bought this program and love it, but I never received a registration code

Check in the Spam folder to see if it is there. My mail is a Yahoo and the key was sent there too!

I guess it is relating to "Number of recent programs to display". It is on Properties > Start Menu.

Try changing 10 to 0 to see if it works.

I do not want the recent programs displayed at all. Presently they are added until the space is filled up. I need certain space there where I can manually place icons.

Edited by khonjo