Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Don't know how a crack team helped in this case, though.

Btw, I've read Stelian's post about the bug many times but still can't understand it!

I can't understand it either. I have no clue what that person is talking about. I played around with launching an app and seeing where the start menu picks up from where I last selected something and it works identical to Win7.

ISOHaven,

We were talking about TEAM CRUDE only, not the others on the list.

Tusticles,

Did you remove it by yourself? And why there isn't "PainteR" on the list of your picture?

From what I found on google, PainteR made a patch for Start8, is the same PainteR? Why he is in the 'thanks' section?

Hi MagicAndre. Long time no see.

OK, let Tihiy decide who to put on the About section. I won't talk about this any more.

And, just want to tell something about the prolem with Firefox I mentioned a few days ago. I happened to check the Add-ons and found out General Downloader and General Crawler on the list. Perhaps they were installed when I tried installing some old version of Skype. I managed to remove these add-ons and everything seems to be OK now. Sorry I thought it was SIB that caused the problem.

Edited by Aloha

OK, let Tihiy decide who to put on the About section. I won't talk about this any more.

Agreed. It should be 100% his decision, no one else's. And he does not need to explain his reason for including whoever he chooses to include. Shame on us for even bringing it up. In a way, that is his personal space that has nothing at all to do with the function or speed of the app, and he can put whatever he wants there for whatever reason he chooses. He can thank his mom or his girlfriend's pet ferret or his dog or his third grade teacher or the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus and none of us should care.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Agreed. It should be 100% his decision, no one else's. And he does not need to explain his reason for including whoever he chooses to include. Shame on us for even bringing it up. In a way, that is his personal space that has nothing at all to do with the function or speed of the app, and he can put whatever he wants there for whatever reason he chooses. He can thank his mom or his girlfriend's pet ferret or his dog or his third grade teacher or the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus and none of us should care.

Cheers and Regards

Agreed 100%.

Cheers and Regards

Completly agree. I can't believe some of the petty stuff that has been coming up lately.

Let's all help to make SiB an even more awesome app. Let's not worry about the small petty stuff!

startisback next version will be fully compatible with Windows 8.1?

and the license will be like now or will change?

Don't expect any news about Windows 8.1 until at least public preview of it is available.

This is Microsoft Attempt on compromising and adding Unified Search in to Windows 8.1/Blue/SP1 (whatever you want to call it)

Its Still very buggy, Does not search very well, need to press Tab 3 times to switch focus from Search Field to results list, to be able to pick items from the list of results.

Support Right click with few options: pinning to Start Screen, taskbar, open file location, Run as Admin

14t293c.jpg

I'm confused. What does that have to do with SiB??

This thread is NOT about anything Windows 8 related unless it specifically deals with a SiB issue. If it is somehow related to SiB and it is not obvious, then you must explain the connection and explain why you felt the need to post it in this thread. If you do not, your post will most likely get deleted and you risk getting banned from the board if that type of action continues.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

This thread is NOT about anything Windows 8 related unless it specifically deals with a SiB issue. If it is somehow related to SiB and it is not obvious, then you must explain the connection and explain why you felt the need to post it in this thread. If you do not, your post will most likely get deleted and you risk getting banned from the board if that type of action continues.

Cheers and Regards

A) It shows that while a Windows 8.1 version of SiB is not ready there is something that can be used as a placeholder... or perhaps useful for in another way it is a way to *Start* Application from *Desktop*

B.) Who died and made you Boss ? @bphlpt ? As far as I can see you are Just a Member, like any other member and your post

I'm confused. What does that have to do with SiB bla bla bla...

is just as off topic if not more...

C) I would not say I post many off-topic things, I don't post too much at all, which also mean I would not cry a river if I would have to make new account :P

D) Eat my shorts !!!

Edited by Vlad2989

Looks pretty darn good! I like the speed improvements it has over ClassicShell...CS keeps crashing Windows Explorer. xP

There are a few features I would request be added if they aren't already:

-Support for one button per taskbar (multiple monitor support)

-Ability to move the menu around the screen (so I can replace it the taskbar and still have the menu show in the expected place)

-Ability to toggle the menu with a shortcut (also so I can replace the taskbar and still use it)

Thank you!

Edited by hello2u

Cheers and Regards

A) It shows that while a Windows 8.1 version of SiB is not ready there is something that can be used as a placeholder... or perhaps useful for in another way it is a way to *Start* Application from *Desktop*

B.) Who died and made you Boss ? @bphlpt ? As far as I can see you are Just a Member, like any other member and your post

C) I would not say I post many off-topic things, I don't post too much at all, which also mean I would not cry a river if I would have to make new account :P

D) Eat my shorts !!!

I am and sure others on here are with bphipt..He asked a very valid question about your post but instead got a snotty answer in return instead..Were you just trying to show off that you had the eval of 8.1? Just start your own thread for 8.1 if you want to get talk about it..

Edited by DosProbie

Cheers and Regards

D) Eat my shorts !!!

How about I made bphlpt my extra eyes and ears, so maybe you should of listen.

1:\ This Thread is only for Start Is Back only

2:\ This Thread is not for any Microsoft alpha operating system

3:\ This Thread Is only for Start Is Back

4:\ This Thread is not about whining about admin decisions

5:\ This Thread is for Windows 8 and Start Is Back and not about,

Start Is Back On Windows 9 Or Windows Blue and Start Is Back

6:\ Anyone posting any non relative stuff not about Windows 8 and Start Is Back will get one Level 3

warning, then if the same behavior continues you will be banned.