Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Just tested out Aero Glass Win8 and found some interesting results with SiB, if you disable transparency on the start menu in the SiB options it will bring back the blur on the start menu.

That's right, if blur is done correctly it will be applied to the start menu if additional translucency is disabled. Taskbar may need a bit of additional processing which i should offer in future version.

Just tested out Aero Glass Win8 and found some interesting results with SiB, if you disable transparency on the start menu in the SiB options it will bring back the blur on the start menu.

Interesting. The Start Menu is blurred but the frame around the user pic isn't. Same goes for Win7. I never noticed it before.

Currently, blur effect is applied under anything which DWM draws with using one plain colour (without any texture). So if start menu is not a texture but just a coloured rectangle than it will work for it ;-)

Then it should work for non-transparent taskbar too.

That's right, if blur is done correctly it will be applied to the start menu if additional translucency is disabled. Taskbar may need a bit of additional processing which i should offer in future version.

Yes you're correct, disabling the transparency on the taskbar also results in it having blur, although the opacity seems allot higher behind the taskbar compared to the windows and start menu.

It's working for me, both up and down.

In the start menu, without typing anything in the search bar, it works for me too. But if I type sth. and get results, it'll only cycle downwards.

cycles upwards and downwards for me

In the start menu, without typing anything in the search bar, it works for me too. But if I type sth. and get results, it'll only cycle downwards.

It's working fine, either direction - for me, too. ;)

It's working fine, either direction - for me, too. ;)

It's working fine, either direction - for me :thumbup