Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Hi Tihiy,

The hybrid boot feature in Windows 8 makes it impossible to hit F8 following POST to enter the Advanced Boot Options, so the only way to do so without a System Repair Disk is to restart the PC from the Charms menu while holding down the shift key.

I believe you are using the shutdown /r command to initiate a system restart on StartIsBack.

Would you be able to have it issue shutdown /r /o /t 00 when the Shift key is held down prior to clicking on Restart?

Thanks!

By the way, I had purchased a couple 5-PC licenses, but would like to donate some money towards your continued development and support for StartIsBack! Could you please PM me an email address for me to do so?

I guess I can just buy more licenses, but that means more licenses and activations to keep track of.

Cheers,

Thomas

Hi Tihiy, happy user of SiB here ;)

I've a little question, but I dunno if u can satisfy me:

I miss one feature of windows 7 explorer...the possibility to see a preview of an image or the detail pane) if "clicked" one time, in the bottom of the windows...in w8 we can only see the preview if we enable the big (and ugly) panel from the top bar, that go on the side of the window...I dont know if your older project that replaced win8 explorer with the one from 7 works to fix this issue, but I dont really want to use it now that I've SiB...its possible to add this option in SiB too?

Hope my request was enough clear to understand...

ps.: many guys tryed to resolve this "issue" modding shell32 (this is one, just for reference: http://spyrow.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-Details-Pane-to-the-Bottom-336379870), but for me, nothing works...I had to made a backup copy cuz my windows 8 was screwed after replace the file... hope tihiy can do a better job ;)

registered for this. using the start hotkey doesnt allow for quick swapping back and forth between metro and desktop. once the hotkey is pressed, focus is lost; needing a click anywhere before i can use the hotkey again. its a small nuisance. sorry if this was already brought up and/or resolved.

And WOOT!

http://www.displayfusion.com/Download/Beta/

DisplayFusion Beta Change Log

v5.0.0 (Beta 8) ~ Coming Soon!

Change: StartIsBack support has been added (alternate Start Menu)

Change: Start8 support has been removed (too buggy)

Change: Added an Advanced Setting to remove the hot-corner gap in Windows 8 on the DisplayFusion taskbar

Change: Taskbar Jump Lists can now be navigated using the keyboard

Fix: Clover 2 is now treated correctly as a top-tabs application

Fix: Screen Savers now allowed "preview mode" to be unchecked when spanned

Fix: Taskbar compatibility improvements

Fix: TitleBar Button compatibility improvements

Fix: Classic Shell compatibility improvements

And WOOT!

What is it exactly?

Is that what you meant?

I meant, what is the product? What is that program that's in beta?

And WOOT!

What is it exactly?

Is that what you meant?

DisplayFusion. I've been using it for several years. Follow the link I gave before for the details. It provides superior multi-monitor support.

And WOOT!

What is it exactly?

Is that what you meant?

DisplayFusion. I've been using it for several years. Follow the link I gave before for the details. It provides superior multi-monitor support.

I saw that but I don't get what these menu apps have to do with it. I use Actual Multiple Monitors just fine. They didn't need to add SiB supports???

Is it possible for you to bring back Aero Glass feature just like on Windows 7 in future versions of StartIsBack?

That's being worked on separately. In case you haven't discovered it already, see this thread. In one of the posts there, Tihiy (the creator of StartIsBack) offered to help with that project, so we'll see what happens.

Good luck!

--JorgeA

Is it possible for you to bring back Aero Glass feature just like on Windows 7 in future versions of StartIsBack?

That's being worked on separately. In case you haven't discovered it already, see this thread. In one of the posts there, Tihiy (the creator of StartIsBack) offered to help with that project, so we'll see what happens.

Good luck!

--JorgeA

Thanks for the info!