Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

^^ and that's finally fixed

VERSION 1.3.2

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBack_setup.exe

Fix: new program highlighting errorneusly fired for new users and roaming profiles

Fix: orb unhides when hidden taskbar is shown (IrfanView)

Fix: icons could fail to show in program list

Next version is under heavy development.

Heavy Development? What have you in mind? Automatic Coffee dispenser? mmmh

I think having a "Modern UI applications" folder in start menu would be great imho, for example like Start8. :yes:

What's the chance we can get a Windows RT (arm) version of this compiled (for jailbroken machines?)

I would be interested to make this version, but for now thethered jailbreak nature and lack of option to run Windows RT in virtual machine limits my options. Let's move discussion to the PM.

Hi everyone, love SIB. Best start menu replacement I have used so far.

My questions is how is it set to autorun? I know it is just a .dll that explorer.exe loads, but where in the registry is it set to load automatically? Just curious as Sysinternals Autoruns does not detect it.

Hi i wrote an email to your Tihiy, but i dont know if you seen it anyways here goes look the picture for tweaks and bugs fixed i want to see in startisback which will make it feel like win7 100% !

startisback_tweaks_n_bugs.png

I've adressed this in a email.

Now for Autoruns, it's not possible for it to detect every change in a COM registration registry database. COM database is a dark place where you can change one obscure entry and make your library load instead of another one in almost every process, since it's widely used inside all programs.

Hi i wrote an email to your Tihiy, but i dont know if you seen it anyways here goes look the picture for tweaks and bugs fixed i want to see in startisback which will make it feel like win7 100% !

For Windows Update, I just have a shortcut which I drag to my All Programs folder (I might've had to put it on my Desktop first because of rights, and then drag it from there).

You might be able to make the shortcut yourself, pointing to

%windir%\system32\wuapp.exe startmenu

with

%windir%\system32

as the starting folder. Attached is my shortcut zipped up. Or you can search for it in the Start Menu, right-click it, make a shortcut from it, then put it where you want.