Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Hi every one in this forum

I am using startisback v 1.3 rc1

I noticed when I open the start menu and right click on all programs and choose properties the user program folder pop up instead of configuration window of startisback .

I don't know if any one else experiencing the same behavior ?

regards

2zth5r6.jpg

No it doesn't change any thing .

Thank you so much for this piece of software! I recently bought some licences and it's working amazingly at the moment.

However, I have a feature request; would it be possible to have an option for hiding the start menu button?

It's possible to use a blank start orb image, but that leaves you with an empty space to the left of the first

pinned item. I would like for the first pinned item to be entirely to the left, with no extra space. This would

(probably) mean that the start menu can only be opened using keyboard shortcuts.

However, I have a feature request; would it be possible to have an option for hiding the start menu button?

It's possible to use a blank start orb image, but that leaves you with an empty space to the left of the first

pinned item. I would like for the first pinned item to be entirely to the left, with no extra space. This would

(probably) mean that the start menu can only be opened using keyboard shortcuts.

If you add 1x3 empty png without 'resize to fit the taskbar' option checked, you will get no space for orb. I'll look into adding this option in future versions. Edited by Tihiy

If you add 1x3 empty png without 'resize to fit the taskbar' option checked, you will get no space for orb. I'll look into adding this option in future versions.

Sorry, but where (and how) can this option be changed?

If you add 1x3 empty png without 'resize to fit the taskbar' option checked, you will get no space for orb. I'll look into adding this option in future versions.

Sorry, but where (and how) can this option be changed?

Right-click Start Menu Orb, choose "Properties". Choose "Appearance", then "Add" the start button you created. I'm just guessing that when you go to add such a small start orb, it asks if you want to resize to fit the taskbar.

Right-click Start Menu Orb, choose "Properties". Choose "Appearance", then "Add" the start button you created. I'm just guessing that when you go to add such a small start orb, it asks if you want to resize to fit the taskbar.

I thought so too, but that does not happen when selecting the added icon and pressing 'Apply'.

The only thing happening is that the icon is applied; no message about resizing to fit the taskbar.

I thought so too, but that does not happen when selecting the added icon and pressing 'Apply'.

The only thing happening is that the icon is applied; no message about resizing to fit the taskbar.

Actually I was thinking it would ask when you add it to the list, not when actually applying it, but guess not either way. :D Do a search of this thread because I know this has come up before; someone might've even posted their blank Start Orb, and I would guess someone said how to select not to resize. Maybe it's not to resize when creating the Start Orb???

Actually I was thinking it would ask when you add it to the list, not when actually applying it, but guess not either way. :D

That would, for sure, make more sense. But I managed to find the option when selecting the image in

the file browser, after pressing 'Add...'. It's just to the left of 'Open'. 1x3 transparent png worked perfectly!

(Sorry for missing something so obvious; it's hard to see when it's "right in front of you")

I downloaded the StartIsBack V 1.3 RC1, and install it, but unfortunately the problem still there

File is definitely fixed on server, try downloading with another browser.

I hate to say that but I downloaded it using firefox and then using internet explorer and that makes no difference.

I don't know if any body else facing the same issue ?

I am very sure that issue will be solved soon

Cheers

I downloaded the StartIsBack V 1.3 RC1, and install it, but unfortunately the problem still there

I hate to say that but I downloaded it using firefox and then using internet explorer and that makes no difference.

Cheers

I just updated to v1.3 RC1 (#2) and all three options when right-clicking the "All Programs" lead to different results for me exactly like they're supposed to. Try creating a new temporary user account, install it fresh under that account, and see if it has the same problem, then report back here.

Cheers

I just updated to v1.3 RC1 (#2) and all three options when right-clicking the "All Programs" lead to different results for me exactly like they're supposed to. Try creating a new temporary user account, install it fresh under that account, and see if it has the same problem, then report back here.

I did create another account and install V1.3 RC1 . Unfortunately the same problem . I wonder may be I am using the wrong version although it says V1.3 RC1 . Can you please provide me the link to download the fixed version so you and I have the same file and let us see what is going to happen.

Thank you for your respond

Edit: I have no problem with the previous version 1.3 RC

Edited by humanangle