Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Will it be in Windows 8 Store ? as Desktop App ?

Aside from being out of place issue, it would not pass certification because of its loading / hooking methods. I could probably create a version which can pass certification, but i see no reason to do it.

Aside from being out of place issue, it would not pass certification because of its loading / hooking methods. I could probably create a version which can pass certification, but i see no reason to do it.

U could get better sales from it... and more awareness... I'm sure it will be in the Top apps quickly

VERSION 1.2RC2

There are fixes and improvements expected for v1.2Final, which is expected next week.

MOST impressive!

Very impressive! The themes look great and combining the context menu is something a couple users asked for. Although they'll have to wait until I have a way to roll this out to 300+ users.

VERSION 1.2RC2

http://startisback.com/StartIsBack_setupRC.exe

- New: AeroByDesign skin by LiveOrDieTM

- New: combine Win+X menu with start button context menu

- New: hide user account picture

- Alternate start menu skins use native skin language metrics

- RC versions correctly detect program updates

- StartIsBack is digitally signed!

There are fixes and improvements expected for v1.2Final, which is expected next week.

Not sure what you changed there mate but I am getting some strange results now with the user pictures when using it with some of my other custom themes, last version was working correctly but now the user picture frame is placed too high, seems there are new properties that override the ones from the theme.

Edit: never mind I figured it out, I see that you changed some of the properties to read from the main style and not the one from the style folder in SIB.

Edited by MrGRiM

I'd say this is waaaay out of StartIsBack's context.

Are there any Start Menu/Screen replacers in the app store now? I was under the impression that such apps wouldn't be allowed into the store.

Yes, there are at least three. I just came from the Windows Store and doing a quick search for "Start Menu" returned these three:

Pokki Start Menu, Classic Start Button, StartFinity

Edited by Laurence

I'd say this is waaaay out of StartIsBack's context.

Are there any Start Menu/Screen replacers in the app store now? I was under the impression that such apps wouldn't be allowed into the store.

Yes, there are at least three. I just came from the Windows Store and doing a quick search for "Start Menu" returned these three:

Pokki Start Menu, Classic Start Button, StartFinity

Classic Start 8 has been added as well.

I'd like to make a feature suggestion, but definitely not a priority; just something to keep in the back of your mind for possible implementation later on:

Some sort of on the fly preview of the Start Menu when changing the visual style, either in a thumbnail or actually always show the actual Start Menu while in the Start Menu configuration or at least in the Appearance section.

This way it would be easier to spot any and all differences between different visual styles, without hitting Apply and then opening the Start Menu. The differences can be slightly subtle. :D

All that said, wonderful work on this; it's beautiful and thanks for the combined right-click context menu!

VERSION 1.2RC2
- New: AeroByDesign skin by LiveOrDieTM
- New: combine Win+X menu with start button context menu
- New: hide user account picture
- Alternate start menu skins use native skin language metrics
- RC versions correctly detect program updates
- StartIsBack is digitally signed!

Thanks for all goods, especially for "combine Win+X menu with start button context menu" now is the perfect program for me, and yes a have bougt it ;)