Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

A bug I noticed, from time to time, the hot corners manage to slip through. Most of the time they are disabled, but from time to time, the top left corner displays the metro switcher, and bottom left displays the start.

Also, I notice, when disabling the top screen edge (drag to "close" desktop), the desktop icons flicker.

Could you try to find a reproducible case for that issue, or describe when such thing happens? I never saw flickering either.

@Tihiy:

Bug! Text typed in start menu is grey just like the text before you start to typing like where is string "Search programs and files" and when you type something then letters color should be changed to black, but here that isn't the case.

@Tihiy:

Bug! Text typed in start menu is grey just like the text before you start to typing like where is string "Search programs and files" and when you type something then letters color should be changed to black, but here that isn't the case.

yeh,this had mentioned many times before

@Tihiy:

yeh,this had mentioned many times before

No big deal really, but I too would prefer it black. ;)

A bug I noticed, from time to time, the hot corners manage to slip through. Most of the time they are disabled, but from time to time, the top left corner displays the metro switcher, and bottom left displays the start.

Also, I notice, when disabling the top screen edge (drag to "close" desktop), the desktop icons flicker.

Could you try to find a reproducible case for that issue, or describe when such thing happens? I never saw flickering either.

If i move my mouse all the way to the top of the screen, all the icons start flickering, i just noticed this while trying to reproduce the Modern UI popping up when moving the mouse to the lower left corner. -

But this inst consistent either, like the ModernUI menu button in the bottom it just works as supposed to and other times its doing that -.-

Edited by maslow

If i move my mouse all the way to the top of the screen, all the icons start flickering, i just noticed this while trying to reproduce the Modern UI popping up when moving the mouse to the lower left corner. -

But this inst consistent either, like the ModernUI menu button in the bottom it just works as supposed to and other times its doing that -.-

Merely reporting my experience that I haven't seen this issue at all yet with Beta 3 or before. My video card is 3-4 year old technology and the rest of the PC is about 2-year old technology.

One scenario where the hot corners seem to break through is when remote desktoping into a machine with startisback installed. Specifically the lower left corner for the start screen. Then when you log back into the physical machine, the hot corner shows the first time you click it, then disappears.

Merely reporting my experience that I haven't seen this issue at all yet with Beta 3 or before. My video card is 3-4 year old technology and the rest of the PC is about 2-year old technology.

Are you running any soft you can think of that may be causing that behavior? I just doubt a 2 year-old hardware can do that.

I tried that and got no repro, but it doesn't mean there is no such bug as you report. I suggest when you see it again, also list your Modern UI settings as well as any 3rd party windows customization tools (if any).

Are you running any soft you can think of that may be causing that behavior? I just doubt a 2 year-old hardware can do that.

I tried that and got no repro, but it doesn't mean there is no such bug as you report. I suggest when you see it again, also list your Modern UI settings as well as any 3rd party windows customization tools (if any).

If you meant to reply to me, I haven't had this issue. :D

One scenario where the hot corners seem to break through is when remote desktoping into a machine with startisback installed. Specifically the lower left corner for the start screen. Then when you log back into the physical machine, the hot corner shows the first time you click it, then disappears.

Very interesting! I would/will eventually be doing just this anyway (RDPing) so I will test this just as soon as I have time.

Yea i didn't explain that too well, but thats what happens sometimes, its not there all the time, same thing goes for the bottom left Start Menu hot corner.

It just happens some times, im not sure what im doing to make this happen.

I'm trying to repro it again now and i just cant make it happen again

Edited by maslow

If you meant to reply to me, I haven't had this issue. :D

Lol, it was just to say that didn't bug me either, and to quote the op as well. Cumulative bug track, so to speak. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea i didn't explain that too well, but thats what happens sometimes, its not there all the time, same thing goes for the bottom left Start Menu hot corner.

It just happens some times, im not sure what im doing to make this happen.

I'm trying to repro it again now and i just cant make it happen again

Right, my point was to try to track the nature of your bug, not just that you have it but find out what's causing it. :yes:

Very interesting! I would/will eventually be doing just this anyway (RDPing) so I will test this just as soon as I have time.

I remote into all my servers. No issues on 2012.

I saw this when remoting into my Win 8 desktop from work. Haven't tried it with 2012 yet.

I saw this when remoting into my Win 8 desktop from work. Haven't tried it with 2012 yet.

I used RDP to remote from Win7 to Win8 and Win8 to Win8 and had no problems, no flashing corners ...