Start Is Back - 2.1 release

Tihiy

Yep, me too.

Which quote is right? What there are animations or there are not?

I have no problems with animation on the start screen, the only thing I did notice using my right win key shortcut is the first time you press it, it will go to the start screen and then jump back to the desktop, I presume this happens because it isn't loaded at boot as we now boot straight to the desktop, no big deal but I guess if there is a way to have it load in the background at startup it would solve the problem.

Found another bug when going to the Start Screen and clicking on the desktop tile, click on the desktop tile to take you back to the desktop and the hover over the left bottom corner and you will have the metro start button pop up, at that point you can either click the start screen button or move to the right slightly and click on the desktop start button.

This bug only happens when clicking on the desktop tile, if you go to the bottom left corner and go back to the desktop from there the problem does not occur.

Also this does not happen 100% of the time, I am just trying to reproduce it again at the moment but now it doesn't happen, I tried a reboot after the first time I noticed and could reproduce it but for some reason I cant get it to happen again, I wouldn't spend to much time or any trying to fix it, I don't think it's a big issue and you probably add that as an extra feature lol

Yep, me too.

Which quote is right? What there are animations or there are not?

I'm still getting this problem I'm not sure what Mr Grim is using to apply custom themes but I'm using uxstyle which may be the problem but it only started after installing StartIsBack, I can fix the bug by re-apply the theme again but after restarting the bug appears again, I have tested with the default theme and it also has this problem I'm using beta 1.

Edited by LiveOrDie

Hi all

Best option for having Start menu on Windows 8 by miles, hope Microsoft dont break it

i have a request if possible

my keyboard also dont have right windows key, i know about Win+C and enter but if isn't much of a trouble can you make it possible if we MiddleClick on Start Menu icon it opens the Start screen?

becoming:

Left Click -> Start Menu (yours)

Right Click -> Options

Middle Click -> Windows Start Screen

Continue the good work

Hi all

Best option for having Start menu on Windows 8 by miles, hope Microsoft dont break it

i have a request if possible

my keyboard also dont have right windows key, i know about Win+C and enter but if isn't much of a trouble can you make it possible if we MiddleClick on Start Menu icon it opens the Start screen?

becoming:

Left Click -> Start Menu (yours)

Right Click -> Options

Middle Click -> Windows Start Screen

Continue the good work

I made a Right Window key shortcut to get around this, you can find it here http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/38295-Modern-UI-Start-Screen-Desktop-%28exe%29-Shortcut but I also like the idea of the middle click :)

I've added poll to know about how we would like to get to Start Screen.

We need to select some reasonable defaults... constructive ideas are very welcome!

Edited by Tihiy

I've added poll to know about how we would like to get to Start Screen. (i hope you can vote on it)

We need to select some reasonable defaults... constructive ideas are very welcome!

Well the poll doesn't seem to work for me but I think the right win key is great for those that have it and shortcut I put on my Taskbar also does a good job but how about having the normal hot spot enabled for it, the area of the screen for the hot spot is not where you would normally click for the desktop start menu so I think have both there and have it completely unified with how MS wanted it.

Although I think this should remain an optional feature as some people may never want to use the app screen.

Well the poll doesn't seem to work for me
I hope moderators will be able to fix this.
right win key is great
I think i would prefer Alt+Win (Win+Alt) as it makes most sense and easy to reach.

right win key is great
I think i would prefer Alt+Win (Win+Alt) as it makes most sense and easy to reach.

If possible to implement this, I would ask to make user defined keys, one to "Invoke Start Menu" and one to "Launch Metro Screen".

Of the options listed, I guess I could use them all. I was going to cast my vote to "Ctr+Clic".

Strange it gives me this error,

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

:realmad:

Edited by Servelius

I've added poll to know about how we would like to get to Start Screen. (i hope you can vote on it)

I'm getting an error too. My vote would be either left CTRL+WIN or left ALT+WIN. Makes more sense to have two keys close together. Some day it'll be a highly used shortcut.

right win key is great

I like the idea of alt+win now that I think about it, since the keys are right next to each other.

I like the idea of alt+win now that I think about it, since the keys are right next to each other.

On the second thought, Alt+Win is not so good since Alt triggers menu. So probably i'll stick to Ctrl+Win by default.