Adding Win RE support in Windows PE 4.0 image

uc4d

Hi All,

I was looking for a way to add option to start Windows RE from a Windows PE 4.0 image. However, I have no clues about it at all.

Wondering if somebody can help?

Regards

uc4d

well, it seems it is not going to work this way in WinPE 4.0 because WinPE SRT package is not available in ADK.

There is separate WINRE.WIM that can be customized for recovery purposes however, I can't find out how it can be used with WinPE 4.0 to provide recovery capability in the winpe 4 image itself.

reference topic: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/158123-opk-for-windows-8/

well, it seems it is not going to work this way in WinPE 4.0 because WinPE SRT package is not available in ADK.

There is separate WINRE.WIM that can be customized for recovery purposes however, I can't find out how it can be used with WinPE 4.0 to provide recovery capability in the winpe 4 image itself.

The SRT package never really worked anyways.

Isn't the winre.wim a WinPE 4? I think it is but I never looked. Maybe let's start from scratch here. What exactly do you want your image to do?

here is what I am looking to do with WinPE image..

when I boot using WinPE, it shows me a HTA page that I have developed to show some options before I start with unattended windows installation.

I want to add an option n the HTA page so that user can launch Windows RE by clicking the button itself. It will help users who want to perform recovery operations on an existing installation using the WinPE image.

Thanks

uc4d