Seems XPize 5R6 corrupts source files

JenniferArden

I XPized source files however it seems somehow XPize is corrupting the source files, erased DVD-RW and copied source files to disc again, started installation and same error that the file placed on the hard drive is not a valid windows image while files are copied from the DVD. I then erased the DVD and copied only NLited source files to the disc and started the installation - this time no errors.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? Thank you for reading.

Jennifer

• 3 months later...

Hi Kel

Sorry I am only replying now, I just saw your reply. I do not know how to replace resource hacker in XPize as it is an executable and not a bunch of files where one can simply replace problematic files. The XPize site also specifies XPize 5R6 works with XP Pro x64.

version 5R6 is extremely temperamental, version 4.7 was much better. Its hit and miss when trying to XPize source files with more misses than hits. It absolutely does not work under XP Pro x64 meaning it appears to work but corrupts source files. Under XP Pro x86 results are equally poor. It seems files are randomly corrupted, everytime I created a new DVD its a different file that is corrupted. Once I got to 13 minutes to go (registering components) when the installation hung. Using an unXPized DVD installs without any problems. I have spend a whole weekend trying to get XPize to function correctly burning countless DVD's without success. This incident is not limited to my laptop, I also experienced this on my PC.

Edited by JenniferArden