Slipstream Win 2008 Server R2 drivers into Win 7 Pro possible?

ELSADDIQ

Greetings.

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes...

I'm experimenting with installing Windows 7 Pro onto my HP Proliant server. I'm sure that I may run into issues with SATA, RAID, and ILO drivers and would therefore like to know if it's possible to slipstream the drivers from the 2008 Server R2 disk to 7 Pro. My understanding is that both o/s editions are built from the same code base. And...if this is possible, can I also slipstream the drivers from Server 2003 x64 as well for any "legacy" drivers that may be necessary?

I'm not worrying about the size of the final .iso as having a comprehensive installation disk is more important.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

HP Windows 2008 R2 drivers will work on Windows 7 x64 but the right way isn't to slipstream them:

- HP proliant will automatically install the right mass storage driver (there is a functionnality in the bios to disable this virtual floppy).

- The HP proliant support Pack (PSP) will install all drivers and needed tools (ilo online configuration, hp raid array configuration utility, HP system management homepage......). For some tools to works properly, you'll need to install windows snmp before.

Anyway, you could do this unattended using the rights tools provided by HP.