Windows 2000 install issues. Help?

Win98

I have tried to do it manually. I'll try your driver. Thanks!

I wish there was KernelEx for 2k (Like there is for 98),Or is there already one? I haven't had any luck finding a download.

Edit: I tried your driver, and still get..

unabletofinddriver.png

Edited by Win98

I wish there was KernelEx for 2k (Like there is for 98),Or is there already one? I haven't had any luck finding a download.

The unofficial kernels play this role. You've installed the daily version of UURollup-v11 in which the BlackWingCat's kernel its included. There's also KDW where you can manually change dependencies, change the User Agent, etc.

Edit: I tried your driver, and still get..

unabletofinddriver.png

The driver itself has been modified in order to work in Win2k. The problem here seems to be different. It seems that your graphic card's hardware ID is not supported by them.

First of all, please try to download and install the other versions which I've just uploaded (12-6 and 11-12). This time I didn't remove any files, just changed the INF file in order to make it work in Win2k. Actually I believe that the newest driver may not be compatible with your graphic card... but 12-6 should work!

Edited by tomasz86

The 12-6 driver installed successfully through device manager, but I still cant change the resolution or the colors. When I tried to run the installer in the 12-6, it says it isn't compatible with the OS i'm running.

Is there an exclamation mark next to the graphic card in the Device Manager? You may want to try installing one of the older drivers (11.x or 10.x). You'll also have to do it manually.

Edited by tomasz86

No there isn't. It displays under "Display Adapters", as it should. I don't think that its the driver at this point, I think its that the catalyst isn't installed. How exactly do you go in and make it where it will work on 2k? If i could do that to one of the older drivers, such as 8-10, I could install the catalyst because the installer is in a different layout, and i can get to all of the buttons on the installer.

Also, the 11.12 that you uploaded is for vista, if that matters.

Edited by Win98

Also, the 11.12 that you uploaded is for vista, if that matters.

It was a mistake :blushing: You can find older versions of Catalyst drivers here.

I wish I could help you more but I've got no hardware to test the drivers myself. I use a nVIDIA graphic card and even if I install just the driver (without all the additional panels, etc.) I can still adjust the resolution without any problems.

How would i go into one of the older drivers and make it work with 2000? The catalyst runs fine for the older ones. I just don't have a driver that will install, because it thinks it only works on XP.

Edited by Win98

My hardware is actually pretty new (not the most recent one but still):

AMD Athlon II X4 631 (FM1)

ASRock A55 Pro3

Samsung DDR3 1333MHz 8 GB

nVIDIA GeForce 6600 (I don't play any games or use any graphic intensive applications so no need for a newer one).

1xSSD / 4x HDD (some connected to the built-in controller and the rest to a PCI-E SAS controller)

SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit

I must say that not all of the drivers work in Win2k, ex. the ASMedia SATA3 drivers don't (but AMD SATA2 do) and USB3.0 drivers don't work too. Personally I've always liked nVIDIA because they provide far better drivers support than ATI/AMD. My GF6600 card was manufactured in 2004 and the latest drivers still support it despite the fact that the card is 8 years old.

Alright. My computer has these:pcir.jpg

Which of the PCI-E slots are you using? I would assume the PCI-E 16x.

Would this be a good card to use? From what I have read so far, it is supported by 2k. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130780939409&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Edited by Win98