Windows 2000 install issues. Help?

Win98

Alright, I feel like a complete id*** (Why does it sensor this word?)-- I thought by archive you meant the page with all of the UUrollup downloads and what not... Didnt get that I was supposed to "Windows 2000 archive" link, and go through that... Im going to see if this fixes it! I feel retarded..

Ok, I got the correct thing installed, and it lets me get the graphics installer past where i could get it before, BUT the screen resolution is messed up and i cant get to any of the keys to tell it to install, AND its doing just like the other stuff did- I cant use device manager (Doesnt open anything when i click it), I cant move things on my desktop, ect... Why does this happen?

(Sorry to double post)

Edited by Win98

I did this (Except i used "Windows2000-UURollup-v10c-x86-ENU.exe" instead of daily, because there is no daily.) I downloaded and unpacked it, everything went fine, I restarted my computer and what not, and it was slow, and 1/2 of my applications wouldnt open.

Well, this means that you did NOT follow the instructions :w00t::ph34r:

There is a reason why I asked you to install the daily version:

1. UURollup-v10c is already integrated in the source ("HFSLIP_ia.7z").
  2. UURollup-v10c uses the WildBill's kernel which may not be enough to run these graphic drivers.
  3. UURollup-v10c does not support PAE on Win2k Pro so you can't use 8 GB RAM with it.
  4. The daily version of UURollup uses the BlackWingCat's kernel together with a lot of other new files. They add many more APIs and other functionalities.

That's why I asked you to install the daily version, not the stable one. How come you're saying that there's no daily? :unsure: Try here (download the latest one).

Edit: Don't even look at UURollup (Global) !!!

Edited by tomasz86

Ok, I got the correct thing installed, and it lets me get the graphics installer past where i could get it before, BUT the screen resolution is messed up and i cant get to any of the keys to tell it to install, AND its doing just like the other stuff did- I cant use device manager (Doesnt open anything when i click it), I cant move things on my desktop, ect... Why does this happen?

How about checking one of the older drivers?

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx

You could try the latest of the 11.x versions and if it works then go up one by one (12.1, 12.2, etc.) to see which work and which don't work.

I tried to follow the instructions, it just didnt come across my mind that i was supposed to do that...

I found the daily.. But still, after installing it, the OS is unusable (Is there a way for me to uninstall or remove the files, so that I don't have to reinstall again), because I cant open anything, move files, use device manager, ect..

I'll try one of the older drivers, but i'm not sure the one I have doesn't work with it, because i cant use device manager, and the screen resolution is messed up, and i cant continue the installation, because i cant see what to click

This is what I mean: img1357fh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry for the crappy picture..

Edited by Win98

Very strange :blink:

I've never seen this kind of error before. The system you're using is the one installed from an ISO created using the script from "HFSLIP_ia.7z", right?

Could you try to uninstall the daily version of UURollup and tell me if the situation is back to normal? You can uninstall it using the Add/Remove Programs applet or just go to your Windows directory and there will be a UURollup folder starting with "$" (it's hidden by default). There's an uninstaller inside.

Yes, This is the ISO created with the HFSLIP.

Uninstall programs doesnt open correctly, and nothing appears when the windows directory is opened.. Ill boot another hard drive and delete it manually from the other OS.

Edit: Alright, I got to the directory, and i uninstalled it, and everything works normal now...

I looked in the installer log for it, and there was an error towards the end. Below are pictures of the error, and some of what it does with the UURollup installed.

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9793011/

Thanks!

Edited by Win98

I must say that this looks very strange. It looks as if USP5.1 wasn't integrated properly by HFSLIP. Could you tell me what version of IE is installed in the system? Also if you open the properties window of My Computer, is there any info related to USP5.1 displayed?

IE 5 was installed, and I believe that your update brings it up to 6, and in the computer properties, there wasn't anything related to USP5.1. It said SP4.

So, I decided to start from scratch.. Redownloaded HFSLIP_ia,7z, and went through the procedure. Everything looked to complete fine, integrated the raid driver, made into an ISO, and when i go to install, when i get to the point "Setup is copying files", it tells me that some files are missing (Cant remember off of the top of my head, and i'm not going to try to re-install tonight to see because i need to sleep). I tried the process again on a different computer, and still got the same missing files (Im using a flash drive to install, By the way.). When i would press esc to skip those certain files (There were at least 50 of them),it finished copying the files it could locate, it rebooted like it should, but when it gets past the windows 2000 boot screen it sits on a flashing _ for eternity. Not sure why it the files were missing, but they are.. (I'm starting to think that this OS doesn't like me)

Edit: The files missing are kbdbe.dll, kbdbene.dll,kbdbr.dll, ect..

Edited by Win98

There seems to be a problem with the USP5.1 integration.

Could you:

1. Download and unpack "HFSLIP_ia.7z" once again (I've updated some files).
  2. Copy your source files to "SOURCE". Remember that the source must be clean, without any modifications.
  3. Before running the script open a command line window and type:
    HF\w2ksp51 /integrate:C:\HFSLIP_ia\SOURCE

What happens? Does the integration of USP5.1 work?

Ill go ahead and redownload it. (My internet runs about 60Kb/s so it will take a few hours) Ill report back to you what happens. Thanks!

What would cause a source not to be clean? A previously modified ISO?

Edited by Win98

Alright.. I redownloaded HFSLIP, and got 2000 successfully installed (Shows the "Powered by extended kernel at bootup screen, and it says 5.1 in the properties) but i'm still having issues with the graphics card. I have extracted and tried manual install on a few versions of the software, and im about to download more from the AMD site. I cant use the catalyst on the later drivers, because AMD made the install screen too big, and with the set resolution, you cant select anything to make it install. Thanks!

I think that you should try to install the drivers manually through Device Manager.

Could you download my own experimental version of the AMD 12.8 Display drivers from here? I've removed the bloatware and also modified the INF file so that it will be accepted by Windows 2000.