Ways to get back the Start Menu/Button in Win8

JorgeA

That's weird -- my inbox has a message from MSFN saying that "franisblum6" had replied to this thread, but when I came here there was nothing from that person.

Spam deleted by a mod?

Here is a new tool:

IObit StartMenu 8

http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

1.jpg

Wow, even IObit made a Start Menu program? :blink:

Classic Shell's All Programs menu does not open in-place/inline like the 7 Start Menu, which is what Andre doesn't like, because it covers more of the screen. But we consider that an advantage, honest :) so it will never change.

Nothing wrong with having the option. That way every user gets what they want.. :w00t:

The reason I signed up here was about this thread, and today I bought Win-8 Pro. I wouldn't have made that buy if it wasn't for the good chance of applying the start menu to Win-8. I haven't installed it as of this post however.

Here is a new tool:

IObit StartMenu 8

http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

1.jpg

Wow, even IObit made a Start Menu program? :blink:

Classic Shell's All Programs menu does not open in-place/inline like the 7 Start Menu, which is what Andre doesn't like, because it covers more of the screen. But we consider that an advantage, honest :) so it will never change.

Nothing wrong with having the option. That way every user gets what they want.. :w00t:

'Send Feedback' and the sky crawling tallness of this menu are amazing. Has anyonne tried beta 2, any improvements?

www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

The reason I signed up here was about this thread, and today I bought Win-8 Pro. I wouldn't have made that buy if it wasn't for the good chance of applying the start menu to Win-8. I haven't installed it as of this post however.

I'm glad that our list was useful for you. Once you install Windows 8, let us know how things go with whichever Start Menu replacement you choose.

--JorgeA

Viva Start Menu and Win8 Start Button are based on Classic Shell (with no other differences I could tell other than different orb and defaults).

I'm looking into this.

Viva Start Menu:

post-287775-0-89774800-1352691010_thumb.

I dunno, to me it looks different enough from Classic Shell:

post-287775-0-51064200-1352691215_thumb.

Which "Win8 Start Button" do you have in mind? The one that we have listed doesn't look anything like Classic Shell:

post-287775-0-23185400-1352691410_thumb.

If you found a different one with the same name, can you post the link? Thanks!

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA

Here is another: Viva Start Menu

Thanks very much, we're taking a look.

I wonder how many other Start Button and Start Menu there are that we don't yet know about. . . .

With your help and that of other MSFN members, we'll find out how many more there are! :)

--JorgeA

I dunno, to me it looks different enough from Classic Shell

Which "Win8 Start Button" do you have in mind? The one that we have listed doesn't look anything like Classic Shell:

post-287775-0-23185400-1352691410_thumb.

Then you haven't been customizing Classic Shell to see how much it can be customized. :) Anyways, here's the EULA for Viva and here's the one for Win8 Start Button.