Where to get latest VC++ installation packages?

Octopuss

Anyone knows where to get latest versions of the redistributable packages please? I can't think of any way to google this up, and simply looking for "vc++ <version> redist" simply won't work. And Ms's site is not exactly the best place to find stuff either... But yet people do regularly download updated versions. How?

Anyone knows where to get latest versions of the redistributable packages please? I can't think of any way to google this up, and simply looking for "vc++ <version> redist" simply won't work. And Ms's site is not exactly the best place to find stuff either... But yet people do regularly download updated versions. How?

Define latest.

Googling for:

"Download:" "visual c++ redistributable Package"

gives results up to 2010 SP1, and also this search:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=Microsoft+Visual+C%2b%2b+Redistributable+Package

gives more or less the same results.

jaclaz

I thought the same, but these are not the latest build. A guy made sort of AIO package http://burf.cesidian.info/ and that's exactly what I mean - the packages from this bundle are of higher build than what I managed to google up. I wonder where he got them from.

Btw. Is there any workaround for situations where an application setup is created in such crap way it installs one of the VC packages without giving me the option to do it manually, overwriting newer version I already have? It should theoretically not be possible, but I swear it happened to me numerous times. Sometimes I even had two different builds installed in my system. Huh..

Sometimes I even had two different builds installed in my system. Huh..

Only two? The VC++ packages are known to have this problem a LOT. And you are right. It's because of really poorly built setup routines. I really wish I knew a good answer. My defense is to try and only use installers that are rebuilt by folks I know and whose work I trust that know enough to pull out the VC++ packages from the setup routines. I wish I knew enough to do the rebuilds myself, but I have to rely upon the kindness and generosity of others.

Cheers and Regards

• 1 month later...

VC80SP1-KB2643995

VC90SP1-KB2607389

VC10SP1-KB2723430

many of the files from KB2643995 are included in the MS12-070 KB2716441 security update for SQL Server 2012.

also, Microsoft support KB article 2607389 no longer exists - they've must have removed the page but the actual 2607389 hotfix is still available from MS.

Edited by erpdude8