unattended.xml help!

If I create a $WinPEDriver$ folder like $oem$\$1\$winpedriver$\driverfoldersandfiles

What happens to this folder later does it stay on the machine at c:\$winpedriver$?

Either way what I'm doing above appears to be working. Not sure how or why but hey it is working.

It stays on the drive just like the DRV. Could run a cmd during firstlogoncommands to delete it.

Nope I don't see how that worked either but it did lay it down on the drive, thats why I said all path would just have to be is %systemdrive%\DRV

Nope I don't see how that worked either but it did lay it down on the drive, thats why I said all path would just have to be is %systemdrive%\DRV

My problem with %systemdrive%\DRV is that I did try c:\drv with no success. Maybe it likes the varibles better than hard paths I have yet to try %systemdrive%\DRV.

YOINKS!!!

I may be missing the boat here, but doesn't Vista/7/2k8 create a "booting" partition initially (100-200mb?) and THEN the SystemDrive (the OS) after it? Wouldn't that booger up the use of "hard-code"? :unsure: Seems that you would have to pre-partition it to get around it(?).

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/5f9e147e-32de-4a69-80eb-86f1b10f1c4c

Note that 2K/XP/2K3 Installs differ from Vista/7/2k8 in that respect (no extra partition).

My problem with %systemdrive%\DRV is that I did try c:\drv with no success. Maybe it likes the varibles better than hard paths I have yet to try %systemdrive%\DRV.

From my very limited understanding, yes that is your problem. You need to use the variables. The actual drive letters are changing from within the PE installation environment to the actual OS installed result, so the variables should help negotiate that for you.

Cheers and Regards

YOINKS!!!

I may be missing the boat here, but doesn't Vista/7/2k8 create a "booting" partition initially (100-200mb?) and THEN the SystemDrive (the OS) after it? Wouldn't that booger up the use of "hard-code"? :unsure: Seems that you would have to pre-partition it to get around it(?).

yep you did miss but only cause you didn't know, it don't count the hidden Recovery partition

Gets worse if you unhide that partition and that changes all the rest of your drive letters. I choose not to create it so i can keep my backup drive set as D so all my shortcuts stay intact

And as bphlpt stated below you,

Installer uses any free drive letter initially so Win 7 install could even be on L drive but after extraction and reboot it changes it to C:\, even with another installed Windows OS which it changes its letter to next available. The boot menu when it starts changes each Win install letter to C

You can change that but not worth the headache to me

so to sum it all up when Win 7 boots Windows will be on %systemdrive%

Edited by maxXPsoft