What video adapter / list Win2k friendly?

lasitter

• 2 weeks later...

my 2¢ ...so far I'm having good luck with MSI NX7300GS-TD256EH --- nVidia gForce chip 7300e with 256M DDR2 running at ?880Mhz in a PCIe 2.0x16 slot

runs 1600x1280 px at 60hz with 16/24/32bit color depths ... I use 24 to save memory

the drivers are all 2K oem and when extracted using Driver Genius Pro (don't know about others extractor ... they all probably work)

when drivers are integrated, the video card and all its control options will be up and running at first log on

main feature for me ... nice big solid heat sink

no small on-card fan to add noise and no fan bearings to die on you and kill the card

it does run hot (70ºC) without direct circulation

for long life use a case with a side fan, or other circulation inside the case, esp if video card is horizontal with heat sink facing down

I grabbed a 3" sensor-controlled fan from an old box and pointed it right at the video and the ICH10 on the mobo ... now they hardly get warm and heavy fan runs slow and quiet ... I used a piece of 10 gauge wire with std end fittings to suspend the fan over the card ... heers a pic for cheers

post-79406-0-02204700-1348709710_thumb.j

Edited by Molecule

I recommend ATI Radeon 4000 series

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600030349%20600007317&IsNodeId=1&ShowDeactivatedMark=False

I use HD4890

Browncoat: So you're saying that new video adapters can use old drivers. OK.

Since you use the ATI cards, you wouldnt happen to have a driver for a HD 4200 lying around, Would you? Im searching, but not having much luck. Thanks!

Edited by Win98