Is nLITE installed by it in my WXP?

andros

1) I have 1 DELL DIM 9100, with WXP MC sp2 (English) (original?), installed with a copy DVD facilitated by DELL.

2) I have 1 DELL DIM E520, with WXP sp3 (Spanish) (original), installed with a CD bought distributor MS.

1) I used nLITE to remove languages, keyboards, games, and some thing plus.

a) NLITE, it is possible to see "HIDE" in the PC.

B) When I remove "HIDE", then I see nLITE in " adding / removing components of W ".

And when I unmark "nLITE", and I execute, nLITE remains.

2) I used nLITE to remove languages, keyboards, games, and some thing plus. I have added SATA to the CD.

And in this PC the same things happens.

3) That I want?

So, to know what it does "nLITE" as component of W, that in addition I cannot remove.

@!#$%^&*()_!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT DOES NOT REMOVE!!!! There is NO FACILITY TO "DELETE" IT! NOTHING IS "INSTALLED"!!!! NOTHING TO "REMOVE" except that STUPID ENTRY!!!!

Look inside OTHER INF FILES! THEY SELF-DELETE!!!

Do you REALLY want it to no longer show? REMOVE THAT LINE FROM SYSOC.INF!!!!!! Removing "HIDE" will MAKE IT SHOW!!!

LOOK INSIDE YOUR NLITE.INF - IT DOES WHAT I SAID IT DOES!!!! Learn a little about INF files and how they work. THIS IS NOT THE TOPIC FOR THAT!!!!

JEEZ, dude, how many times to I have to tell you????

Use nLite or NOT!!! I don't care anymore!

I sit you not understood the own difficulty of our different language.

Besides the technical problem.

I have not had intention of being a nuisance since it seems that someone says

Only I can begin the fault.

And to ask for clemency

Thank for your help

@Ponch - understood :blushing:

@andros - granted :yes:

@anyone - PLEASE don't pester for an answer already given as it sounds like an MSNBC Political Interview and the same answer will be provided ;)

re: Rule#11 - I have stated (once) before than MANY times I use caps as they are much more expedient than swipe/click/click/click OR extra leading/trailing characters... I am by nature a "Mainframer" and CAPS were heavily used on a 3270 TSO/ISPF screen interface to COBOL/PLI/ASSEMBLY/FORTRAN (etc) coding... Force of habit, especially since I'm now missing a tip of a finger. Bear with the NORMAL usage of it please - beyond that it may well be "other than" (as in :realmad: ).

Edited by submix8c

First, please forgive me if I have misunderstood how any of this works since I do not use nLite.

@andros - If I understand your question, after using nLite on two different PC's, if you remove "HIDE" in the line in SYSOC.INF, then you see nLITE in "adding / removing components", but if you try to uninstall or remove nLite it doesn't go away and you want to know why and how to get rid of it, do I understand your question? Have you searched in Program Files to verify if the nLite executable is actually there? If the nLite executable is not on the PC, then it is not installed.

@submix8c - I've never used nLite, but from what I've read about it and from reading your answers here, even though nLite is used in building the image that is installed, nLite is not actually installed on the resulting PC, so the nLite entry in "adding / removing components" is just a phantom entry, only visible if the "HIDE" is removed, which is why the "HIDE" was put there in the first place, is that correct? If andros does not want the phantom entry there he should just leave the "HIDE" alone or eliminate the entire line in SYSOC.INF, are those his only options? Is there no other way to eliminate the nLite entry after the fact through the registry or something?

Perhaps someone should contact Ricktendo64 or someone else who might be willing to lend a hand with translation to/from Spanish since that seems to be part of the problem in this thread?

Cheers and Regards

Nope... the "Components" section of the INI indicates "removed" components. As stated, the nLite.inf only "adds" registry entries and kicks off "nhelper" as a "runonce". I've already done a "test run" of nLite with a similar scenario to ensure I was correct in my "assumptions" (inspecting the "outcome"). I generally remove nothing since IMHO it gains little and only slip updates/drivers and maybe create a User - "KISS" method. In the OP's case they (apparently) used a Dell OEM source (like mine) to:

[Tasks]
Remove Components
Unattended Setup
Integrate Drivers
Tweaks
Create a Bootable ISO
Options

The language is kind of irrelevant. I've already checked with a "translator" to compare. The "run" was done with Spanish as the Language against a Dell Spanish source (apparently based on the OP's comments and the INI).

Edited by submix8c

To sum it up, it's all resulting in a cosmetic problem that is triggered by a deliberate unneeded change and that has no consequence at all since the resulting install is for personal use only. Well, not a big deal I would say.

Basics of the sysoc file:

It is used mainly during windows setup to tell windows which .inf's to run to install windows components.

The ones with the "Hide" in the entry have those FOR a reason!

Mainly due to the fact the entries are NOT entered to make that component removable!

Or

Removing it can usually cause instabilties or damage.