Win2k on AMD 990FX

Phenomic

I'm googling but can't find ASMedia SATA driver for Win2k. Any ideas?

There's no driver for 2K and the one for XP refuses to work :( (at least on my system)

I tried the XP driver too, it didn't work.

But on a brighter note, win2k fetches network shares faster and more reliably than Win7. The only problem is that it doesn't remember network share passwords and prompts you every time.

• 4 months later...

Update: USB 3.0 works with ASMedia USB 3.0 Driver v1.16.1.0 for Windows 2000

This is the best mobo for Win2k that I’ve found so far. It’s the latest high performance AM3+ from Asus and it’s a straightforward install requiring only the AHCI driver slipstreamed. It runs Bulldozer FX CPUs, the new 8-core Vishera, and Steamroller yet to be released. The only problem I see is that at present FX and later CPUs would run unthrottled, because neither Win2K’s “cool and quiet” nor K10stat works with FX architecture. We’ll have to wait till someone writes a utility.

Any hints on how you got Cinebench 11.5 to run in 2000? I tried it with SP5.1, update rollup2, and UUrollup installed but it does not start (gives message "... has generated errors and will be closed by Windows").

Strange... It just works here. No errors at all.

Any hints on how you got Cinebench 11.5 to run in 2000? I tried it with SP5.1, update rollup2, and UUrollup installed but it does not start (gives message "... has generated errors and will be closed by Windows").

Strange... It just works here. No errors at all.

Oh, maybe it needs SSE2

I get error msg but I dismiss it and Cinebench runs OK after that. (Entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW in PSAPI.DLL)

• 2 weeks later...