Found my Problem

just wanted to share what i found. if its here already then i missed it. and sorry for double posting something you already know.

i posted awhile back that my unattended went fine but when i installed zonealarm it would goto BSOD. thats the only problem i had. well i went back and started all over. fresh install. zonealarm worked, added sp1a, it worked, and so on and so on till i found the problem.. and it was my customized bootscreen the oemkrnl.exe

i was under the impression that when you add the line to your boot.ini the KERNEL=oemkrnl.exe that there would be no problems with it. that as long as i didnt mess with the real ntoskrnl.exe that everything would be ok. well i guess somehow it does matter and after i found the problem i went and looked inside the .exe's and noticed that in my old one was a diff version and the new one even said xpsp2.

anyways the point is for anyone that has there customized boot screen added during there unattended that they make sure there oemkrnl.exe is the same as there ntoskrnl.exe. not sure what hotfix changed it but its there.

and again if this has already been posted before iam sorry for double posten it. and now we or i know that it caused problems with some programs especially Zonealarm.

:)